Hacked account was banned, no response from support for 3 months now...

by Too_much_sex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked account was banned, no response from support for 3 months now...

★ Novice

Dear Support!

My origin account was hacked last december, and i got banned from Apex Legends (the only game i really played back then), because of the hacker. I started 2 cases, sent numerous emails, and i still didnt get a single response about my case till today.

I really dont know what my options are, as i know it should be a fairly easy to prove case - me and the hacker being on the other sided of the wolrd (me Hungary, hacker - singapure).

I do not know what i should do and why am i being ingored as an avarage player..

Message 1 of 5 (201 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked account was banned, no response from support for 3 months now...

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Too_much_sex,

Great to hear. I'm glad you got sorted with Terms of Service.

Your account security would still be important. So on that note, please reconnect with the support team in regards to the compromise so the advisors can now proceed through the steps to ensure the EA account is re-secured fully. I'd reiterate that updating the security information and logins for any connected accounts like a PlayStation account and email account,etc linked up to the EA account would be best practice too.

Take care,

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (163 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Too_much_sex,

There is a long waiting time to reach the Terms of service team at the moment but 3 months is an abnormal amount of time.  Sometimes Terms of Service emails can route through to the Spam/Junk folder. Could you search for an email there from the address: noreply@ea.com, please? If there's no email, please update your case once more, and ask an advisor to check on the case to ensure it's entered into the correct queue. 

In the meantime, there's some steps you can take in regards to a compromised account. I'll outline below the steps to follow:

1. Start Resecuring your accounts: Read through this EA Help article and start resecuring your EA Account: What to do if your EA Account has been hacked. It's a good idea to re-secure any connect accounts also i.e. PSN, Xbox, email account, etc. 
  2. Use Best Practices: Please keep these best practice tips in mind for protecting your EA account details and renewed security measures (click spoiler tag to expand and view them)
    Spoiler
    • Log out of any devices you share with others once you're finished or if you are leaving your own device unattended for any length of time.
    • Please make sure to not to share your account information or security details with others. 
    • Never reveal your account password. Our support team will never ask you to share that information with us.
    • Only enter your EA account details into official EA websites. 
    • Be aware of fake give-aways surveys or support teams. On social Media official EA accounts will be marked with a ✔️ by their name so look out for those ticks. If unsure, you can always ask us here on Answers HQ, on help.ea.com or by reaching out to our EA Help Twitter Support team

- EA_Lanna

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 5 (184 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Lanna I am a quite modern 34 year old guy, who uses internet and emails and games every day, i understand you need to tell everybody about the spam folder problem, but i'm quite used to checking it. Like every day.. But i guess, i didn't get any smarter here. I have already secured my account, and asked for an update through multiple ways.
Message 3 of 5 (178 Views)

★ Novice

Wow, someone must have seen this post, because i jsut got an update to my case, that it was fixed at last. Standard smile

Don't know who to thank you, but thanks! Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @Too_much_sex,

Great to hear. I'm glad you got sorted with Terms of Service.

Your account security would still be important. So on that note, please reconnect with the support team in regards to the compromise so the advisors can now proceed through the steps to ensure the EA account is re-secured fully. I'd reiterate that updating the security information and logins for any connected accounts like a PlayStation account and email account,etc linked up to the EA account would be best practice too.

Take care,

- EA_Lanna

Message 5 of 5 (164 Views)