Hacked account - never ending circle

by katharzyna14

Original Post

Hacked account - never ending circle

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

Did anyone else have a problem with being unable to log in to their account at all? I've contacted customer service multiple times and they weren't even able to verify my account because the emails that they have been sending weren't getting into my inbox. Clearly whoever hacked my account thought it through and made it impossible to do so. All of my emails with the receipts for the games have been wiped out as well but I still have access to bank transactions for them.

I've had to make a new account but I have lost all of my games I have been purchasing since 2014. I've filled out the account recovery form twice already with every single information I could, date of birth, my purchased games, card digits, IP address and all even the screenshots from my bank transactions and both of the times I have received the exact same automated email asking me for the informations I have already provided! I have practically given them my autobiography. And then when I contact the customer service through the chat to follow up on my case all they do is ask me to fill out the form again because they think I've provided false informations and they can't prove that it's my account. It's a never ending circle. I understand their security concern but isn't it too late for that when my account has already been hacked? Like cmon, when I asked what other information do they need I have been referred to the form again and informed I must have put wrong details, really EA? How can I ever win?

I just wanted to find out if I'm the only one? I've browsed trough the internet and found a couple of cases that sound very similar to mine and they have been asked to contact EA on the phone. Yet I am unable to contact them at all because every time I phone them there's no advisors available due to the pandemic possibly. What should I do? Anyone else that has the same thing going on? The case has been going on for more than a month now Frown Anything would help! Lockdown isn't easy without being able to play Sims 4!

Kat

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: Hacked account - never ending circle

Community Manager

Hey @katharzyna14 for account-based issues you will need to speak with one of our chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat.

You can also speak with our Twitter support team: https://twitter.com/EAHelp?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)