Re: Hacked account and lost players. EA not helping.

by Nikapd

Original Post

Hacked account and lost players. EA not helping.

★★ Novice

I’ve been told my account has been hacked by live chat at EA. personally I believed it was a glitch on Fifa servers that led to my best player Neymar being removed from my team but it also does make sense if someone was able to hack my account, remove my player and then ruin the logs pertaining to my account. However, since this has occurred what is Ea doing to make it better? Nothing. “Investigation team” closed my ticket and considered it “fixed” and didn’t even send me an email explanation. I just resumed the ticket. No one on live chat was able to tell me anything other than logs pertaining to my account are down due to technical difficulties. This is pathetic in my opinion. You would think the one game mode, ultimate  team, that makes this company most of its yearly profits they would take seriously. But I I guess the only thing they take seriously is making sure you spend as much money as possible on packs. If my account was hacked I should get SOMETHING BACK. But no I didn’t get anything as of yet. Some sort of compensation is deserved if your account is hacked under EA’s watch, but I haven’t received the coins from losing this player, the player back, or even an attempt to make this better. If anyone reads this, just don’t spend money on them, they really don’t deserve it, and when you do you’ll feel sick to your stomach your helping a company that will not even attempt to help you. Because they see you as disposable. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,091 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gs2223 for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you for the reply! I contacted someone over phone yesterday. We discussed the issue and he apologized for the investigation team not giving me a proper response and just changing the case to “fixed”. I will continue to take this approach and continue to contact EA support until something gets done.
Message 3 of 18 (1,056 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear @gs2223.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 18 (1,054 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Darko, how can i contact you, i got same problem?

Message 5 of 18 (1,039 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chersa91, the steps to speak with our live support team are in my post above.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 18 (976 Views)

★★ Novice

it’s been a week and I still haven’t gotten a resolution. Just wanted to put that update out there. what I don’t understand is how fifa expects to work like this and expect its fan base to continue to support it. Everyone has a breaking point and eventually potential new customers will not invest in this game because of the preexisting stigma behind the game mode. Eventually people will look elsewhere or at the very least stop investing their money into it. If the support team claims I have been hacked it shouldn’t take weeks for me to receive something in return. Yet hear I am still waiting for them to make this right. 

Message 7 of 18 (918 Views)

★★★ Novice

I left Battlefield 5 a year ago as every server had at least 2 hackers.  Logged back in last week to find my account had been hacked, changed to the Spanish language etc.  After a bit of fiddling about, changed my password and back to English language, and enabled two factor authentication.  Problem solved.

However, the hackers are still on the servers, just more of them than before.  Nothing has improved in 1 year, its actually worse.  All this tells me that EA cannot stop these hackers, and don't want to support their servers and player community. 

For this reason, I will not be spending another penny on EA games until their attitude towards server and game integrity changes significantly.

Personally, I don't understand the EA approach to not identifying and banning these accounts.  Too many to deal with ?  

Message 8 of 18 (902 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @gs2223, once our team has finished their investigation they will send you an email with the outcome of their investigation.

Till then, the best thing to do is to be patient and keep an eye on your email for their response. 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 18 (888 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey @EA_Darko it’s been more than a month since the ticket has been created (ticket dates to February 6). I have gotten no information from support nor the investigation team.the only answer I have received it is to wait for the investigation teams response. Whenever these types of issues come up does a resolution ever come? Fifa 22 is going to come out and this ticket will still be open. I just want a fair resolution. Whatever that Is.
Message 10 of 18 (825 Views)