Re: Hacked Apex Account-Banned

by jumanjaydazed

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@-BiA-Pesqez And the worst thing is, I am HWID banned and cannot make a new account. I can't play Apex Legends anymore because some kid hacked me?
Message 11 of 18 (417 Views)

★ Pro
@AX-LP_5700XT
This "hacker" was cheating on your PC?
If not, then how your PC can be banned?

Community managers, when data for hardware ban is collected?
Every play session, when account is created, or?

If hacker stole account and cheated, then how hardware ban can be applied to person who was hacked?
Message 12 of 18 (398 Views)

★★ Expert
@SlivPTS I've been wondering this myself.

How do you get HW ban if it wasn't your HW that was being used. Unless someone went on your computer and just decided to use cheats (Little brother wanting some extra fun maybe?) than that seems reasonable enough for a ban.

2FA is always best to turn on in games that are 1: Free and 2: Have you investing a lot of time and or money.
Message 13 of 18 (391 Views)

★★ Expert

I'm not a techie...So my question is...To receive a hardware ban, the cheats/hacks must be installed on a specific "system/hardware", not through a 3rd party "ip/webpage", right?

Heart

Message 14 of 18 (370 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@jumanjaydazed It's a simplification, but you can think of the HWID as the fingerprint of your PC. So if his HWID was banned, it would suggest that the cheating was happening on his PC.

Logically speaking, if the system is working as intended, If his account details were stolen, and used by somebody on a different PC, from a different location, it's the thief's HWID that would be banned, not the OPs.

The account might well be banned due to running an aimbot etc, but in theory, if the thief's HWID was banned, nothing should be stopping the OP from making a new account. Banning a HWID is designed to prevent cheaters from cheating, and then simply making a new (free) account the moment they are caught. Because it's the PC that is banned, not just the account.

Hope this makes sense?
Message 15 of 18 (352 Views)

★★★ Novice

I figured out 1 thing, I logged out of my banned acc,log in new one,and my PC lagged so it didnt even log out of my main one. The new account works fine, But I still want this one back.

Message 16 of 18 (315 Views)

★★ Expert

@AX-LP_5700XT 

are you using an excavator to dig that hole?

Heart

Message 17 of 18 (305 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jumanjaydazed Shovel.
Seriously dude,you think im lying? Wish Amit (live support guy) could see this and answer... I always check my level bar before leaving, noticed I were banned,contacted live support, Amit said that I were hacked. I instantly gone into the game,and noticed that my level bar is not what it was.
Message 18 of 18 (288 Views)