Re: Hacked Account was Banned

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked Account was Banned

★★★★★ Apprentice

So, like most from what I'm finding through Google searches... I, who hasn't played Apex in years, recently bought the Champion Edition on Steam to try getting back into Apex Legends. Little did I know, apparently my account was hacked and got itself banned on Apex Legends around Season 5--from what I've gathered through match histories. My username of 'Sharrayzen' was even changed to some random name that I've never seen before.

This is where my story begins.

I contact EA Customer Support, figuring that it would be as simple as confirming my identity and trying to get the banned uplifted because obviously why would I spend money on a game if I knew I was banned there and/or why wouldn't I have appealed the ban the moment it happened some time ago. With that in mind, I'm figuring it should not take long to get this mess straightened out surely.

I was wrong.

The first advisor Agent Abhishek S made quick work in giving me what seems like the scripted spiel of forwarding it to the TOS and it shouldn't be long before quickly bidding me a good day.

I didn't think much of it and figured it should be an easy matter as checking my match history and seeing the change of name and such. Around this time I get curious and Google Searched the normal wait time on EA's TOS department, and that's when I read on all these horror stories for the similar situation that I am in where someone a victim of their account being hacked and subsequently banned put through the wringer.

So, this leads me into trying to explore my options to get myself out of this mess. Such as unlinking my EA account from my Steam. It having been compromised, I didn't want any attachment between the two. The next advisor: Rohit M, was the moment I realized how absolutely terrible EA Customer Support really was. This advisor informed me that because of the account suspension on Apex Legend, I'd be unable to unlink my accounts between Origin and Steam despite the account being reported hacked, and once again could only offer to escalate the case.

I've already read all the testimonies of others how the TOS department literally will email you telling you that your account is suspended because of suspicious activities or involvement with cheating or what have you, which sounded to me like a "No *, Sherlock, that's why I started these cases to resolve"-type deal, and I knew I'd absolutely lose my * if I received an email from that department telling me something of that nature after waiting on them for so long. I wanted to avoid it all together and not have to repeat the EA Customer Support Hell that I am currently in.

Back on this advisor, I was asking if there was someone else I could chat with to get this over and done with, and like an ex-girlfriend, the man left me on read. Never responding. Practically peacing out the conversation like the vanishing Black kid video. At this point, I'm just pissed.

It did not help that the dude had the nerve to send an email asking if I "still needed help" and to "contact us at Ea..." whatever. .So, currently, I'm stuck in a limbo of being down forty dollars and at the mercy of whenever EA decides to "investigate".

I can't contact EA Customer Support because there are no options available despite it saying this is during their operational hours. If and when this account stuff gets sorted, I'm 100% unlinking and disassociating with Origin.

Wild. What is there even to do here asides from waiting for EA to do better?

Message 1 of 24 (65,678 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @sharrayzen,

We would be unable to investigate or share information if an account was banned on the forums. You would want to submit a ticket with our Terms Of Service team in order for them to investigate this, please keep in mind they try to reach out after 72 hrs but may take longer.

If you have additional questions over bans please see our post here about them. Also, you mentioned removing your steam persona from your EA account if you have more questions over how unlinking personas works check out our link here please keep in mind there also maybe limitations with this as well.

Regards,

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 24 (65,567 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @sharrayzen,

We would be unable to investigate or share information if an account was banned on the forums. You would want to submit a ticket with our Terms Of Service team in order for them to investigate this, please keep in mind they try to reach out after 72 hrs but may take longer.

If you have additional questions over bans please see our post here about them. Also, you mentioned removing your steam persona from your EA account if you have more questions over how unlinking personas works check out our link here please keep in mind there also maybe limitations with this as well.

Regards,

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 24 (65,568 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Understandable, but you are aware you are doing exactly the thing I'm having trouble with and that's referring me to the Customer Support that doesn't work? As in, I'm literally unable to make contact with anyone to the TOS team through submitting anything. All options are unavailable despite saying they are in their operational hours. EA is quite a vicious circle.

Message 3 of 24 (65,523 Views)

Community Manager
@sharrayzen We do have limitations to the support and information we can offer, your frustration is understandable. After sharing the information above I can recommend keeping an eye on your email and any additional folders like spam to make sure you see a response once it is sent.

From here I will close this thread for visibility purposes, if you have additional issue or questions feel free to post and let us know,

Illium.png

Message 4 of 24 (65,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same type of issue. Logged in to find all my EA settings were in Russian. I was getting e-mail in Russian as well. password was changed. I finally figured out how to get everything back into English and get my password reset and my account gets banned a few days later. 0 explanation provided when TOS says I should've received an e-mail explanation. customer service refused to help and said they could not tell me why my account was banned. Meanwhile streamers get caught cheating in paid events and get slaps on the wrist... or make a reddit post and devs answer to them personally and unban their accounts because of "oh it must be a mistaken identity." jokes.

Message 5 of 24 (65,504 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@51-bbanks It's super annoying. I'm just hoping the account is unbanned and such rather quickly. That way I can continue on my case to unlink my Steam from Origin.
Message 6 of 24 (65,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i got same think i didnt play at season 7 but my stats are 25 games played 11 win and my nickname is different like reolshi or smt like that i dont know what to do 

Message 7 of 24 (65,453 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It probably has nothing to do with linking to steam.  Same thing happened to me after making a purchase.  Maybe it was the prime skin.  It takes more than 72 hours, I'm nearing a week, and I also read on another thread a guy was waiting over a month.  

Message 8 of 24 (65,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been waiting since the first of the month.. Same issue. 

Message 9 of 24 (65,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@ianinoMKI do not even have the energy to be outraged by the fact this is still unresolved. The biggest middle finger is that they patched the only work around to unlink your Steam account from Origin without going through them. Intentionally making it so people have to suffer through the hellish experience of their Customer Disservice.

Message 10 of 24 (65,004 Views)