Hacked Account was Banned

by helloitslizzyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hacked Account was Banned

★★ Novice

Just got an email this morning saying that my Apex account was permanently banned, the problem is I haven't played Apex in about 2 or 3 months, alongside this I haven't received any emails saying my account was accessed from an Unknown Location which is the case for almost every single game/account I've ever had (not that I'm presuming EA does this, but shouldn't they?)

I just wanted to ask, has anybody been falsely banned before? Or had their account been hijacked/hacked and then banned and if so have you been able to have the ban revoked? This seems very unfair since I had no knowledge of the account even being accessed let alone had cheating done on it.

Just a bit of info, I don't use the same password for all my accounts, I use different ones, especially that of my e-mail address.

Message 1 of 5 (274 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Hacked Account was Banned

[ Edited ]

Hey  @helloitslizzyy 

Sorry to hear that you got banned.
If you haven't played for a while, your account might be compromised.
If you think this is the case, you best contact an EA Advisor so they can help to get your account secure again.

When that is done you can ask for a ban appeal that will be sent to the Terms of Service team.
They will review the ban and send you a mail-back after their investigation.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

Also to answer your question, yes people have been unbanned after getting banned by accident. As "proof", I'll link you to a post of a user that got his account unbanned. Standard smile

EA Support unbanned me 

Best of luck getting your account back and have fun! 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (270 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

Hey  @helloitslizzyy 

Sorry to hear that you got banned.
If you haven't played for a while, your account might be compromised.
If you think this is the case, you best contact an EA Advisor so they can help to get your account secure again.

When that is done you can ask for a ban appeal that will be sent to the Terms of Service team.
They will review the ban and send you a mail-back after their investigation.
Click here to contact an EA Advisor. 

Also to answer your question, yes people have been unbanned after getting banned by accident. As "proof", I'll link you to a post of a user that got his account unbanned. Standard smile

EA Support unbanned me 

Best of luck getting your account back and have fun! 

Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick response and link to proof that my account can be unbanned, yeah I've got 2FA and updated all my passwords just incase this was actually a hacking and not a accidental/wrongful ban. I've submitted my case now but wanted to get some community information regarding the problem I'm facing since the case I opened said it could take up to 30 days to get a response and that wait with absolutely no information would really have just killed me.

Message 3 of 5 (265 Views)

Understandable, It must be scary and frustrating when this happens.
Even when your appeal gets denied, you can always try again and provide more information.

I recommend downloading your EA data and checking for sus logins and provide in the mail also the software that runs in the background (RGB controlling software for example-.
This makes the chance of getting unbanned a bit bigger as the TOS team has more information then. Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (255 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, I'll do that now.

Message 5 of 5 (251 Views)