Re: Hack Fest!

by krispycreme

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Hack Fest!

★★★★★ Apprentice

What's truly pathetic, sad, and frustrating to every player, every gamer who is a fan of EA as I was at one point until all the trash hacking that is going on and not stopped! I will not name names due to EA's policy on naming and name shaming lol as they call it. I personally believe in my own opinion anyone should shame the hell out of anyone hacking and ruining everyone's fun in game, but I respect the policy as it is theirs. 

The fact is Star Wars Battlefront 2, Battlefield V, and Battlefield 1, wow great games, just ruined by a hack fest! I will not sit and claim EA or DICE isn't doing anything about it, but I will say it appears like nothing is done. I am sick and tired of going online to only find hackers or at least one hacker who managed to become a freaking admin and randomly kills players and how he or she does this is beyond me, I did not think this was possible in Star Wars Battlefront 2. 

I stopped playing EA's game Battlefield V, because it was a constant battle of fighting hackers and guess what no one can vote kick or ban these hackers out! Very unfair advantage to do to every player who just wants to play fair and have a fair game. So what did I do I switched to Star Wars Battlefront 2, and no bs everyone for maybe a solid month or, so I noticed not one single hacker in that game. Maybe it was just myself, but I noticed until recently a week ago when I began having to report numerous hackers. 

Guess what once more nothing is done to the very one's caught hacking. I admit I have not done my research on the policy when someone is caught hacking, but what it seems like when I see the same player who was just caught by 10 players who report this one player was like a slap on the wrist, because two weeks later same player is back on doing it again. Now I do get their are over powered characters in game and I will not argue this fact or disagree with the Developers on this, but I will argue how much proof is needed by a player! lol really you want pictures, video, and anything else when it should be on the Developers responsibility to stop and prevent these hackers from accessing the game. 

After seeing the hack fest beginning now in Star Wars Battlefront 2, I am not not purchasing any games from EA not even console titles, because of the fact that it gets old very quick when all you want to do is have a good time online, how can anyone use a game as a stress reliever or a attempt to use it as a bit of fun when a hacker pops on and just destroys the game. I have recently watched a total of exactly 11 players I observed hacking and I did not report all of them, why, because I am done reporting as it does not do anything! I have sent video proof and images of no name players that did not have a single name tag just blank hacking in game and still playing week after week. 

I sent emails to EA hoping some type of remedy is done, but you know what, I've been a fan since Battlefield 1942 and every title after that, I have owned and now I totally give up. It seems like when Battlefield 4 came out hacking became non stop raging in games. I feel like many players voices are either ignored, shut down, and or deleted off forums, emails, and etc. For me to player or purchase another EA title the hacking has to be either stopped or cut down entirely and since my questions or answer is vague or bland, I know it won't happen. I also know I will be looked at by EA as a who cares attitude or shut down for voicing a opinion and concern. 

Why is it, so hard for any EA Developer to just jump on YouTube or jump in game, and see it for themselves how bad it has become. I will end with this, imagine a player sitting in the back of a map with a sniper rifle that does not reload period, but fires non stop rounds and kills players instantly, or a machine gun player sitting at the starting point of the game and non stop shooting and just killing players on there start point. I've personally seen this, I always voice a side of caution before making any serious accusations again other players, because I guarantee there are 10x more players better than me faster than me. Yet watching the hacks go on and we the players do not get a choice in cote kicking these players from hacking is pathetic.

Message 1 of 14 (1,562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are playing and suspect that another user is cheating then please report them using the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (1,337 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I literally deleted origin from my PC. I am never playing an EA game again, at least until they get their S*** together. I wrote a similar thread. I just looked and there are hundreds more like this.

Message 2 of 14 (1,521 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't blame you one bit, I strongly believe and feel as an avid gamer or someone who goes online to have a bit of fun as a stress reliever, am feeling the frustration of how can any Developer sell a game and think that a true fan or avid gamer will purchase another one of their products in the future if the hacking is only pissing the player or gamer off to the point fracture of saying f them and their company. 

Spend over 60 dollars on a game to get aggravated, pass. What I find very ironic and beyond bs is how I was in Star Wars Battlefront 2 and somehow some random player was able to hack into being a admin and while he was admin he would just randomly kill players just, because as an admin privilege will. EA struck my last nerve and I am just done with the crap. This is one solid reason I enjoyed other titles online, because the hacking was taken very seriously to the point where someone wasn't just banned there game was done for, meaning they would they would have to purchase another title all over again. 

It goes for any gamer, I think majority would agree that they're done and fed up with the non stop crap of hacking and just ripping the game and title apart by hacking. EA wants pictures, and video, they can * off, really I need to send them proof really, why don't you hop your rear into gear and see for yourself it's no trade secret that these people jump on just to destroy a solid title. 

Message 3 of 14 (1,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

AHQ_Official actually gave me XP for my response to your thread. I don't really know what to make of it? With no response, it seems like they are happy I am gone.

At this point they need to close out on overlays (sorry to the streamers) and scripting in general. Whether it is good, bad, or neutral, it needs to be seen as cheating. As long as it is not a system process running it should deny access to online servers until they can figure out a task force of admins to monitor servers. They don't realize that community servers really helped by allowing people to pay to voluntarily monitor servers and report cheaters. 

Also, cheating is becoming an epidemic in the online community so I might be going back to single player games all together.

Message 4 of 14 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I definitely agree, what may not matter to them is, they have maybe lets just say a million who are fed up like us, but 4 million who love the titles, those who left EA Games, they will not care much cause they have that 4 million or more who love them. Personally I think they don't really care about how many complaints, as long as titles are pushed out and money is made off the gamer that's all they care about. 

Watching good titles be destroyed by hacking and or cheating, is to a point where yep I choose single player, but even with single player I will not buy one EA title until they get their own crap together and realize that this needs to end. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,458 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

........ A lot of accusations of cheating/ hacking in Origin/ EA Games. From Pogo to Plants vs zombies an embedded programing from program SQlite3 called a gem file AKA " .guardfile " absolutely controls everthing about your game play and ping times.

You can find the ".guardfile"  Local C\ Program Data\ origin.

If you go to app data\ local \Origin \origin \qtwebengine \default \ you will see quota manager and quota manager -journal regulated by the Gem file.

Quota manager-journal is what changes during game play. Mine goes from 0 to 3 or a 4, it hits 4 and im an XP donor easily vanquished and seem to have a very hard time vanquishing others. My only option is to get out of the game, park myself in a corner, or be a donor. That's why you see people go in and out of games quickly or just sit there.

I have seen forums telling people its there internet, video card, there anti virus, and everything short of putting a screw driver through the motherboard in which it may work for some.

I recently talked to support about the issues I was having and I was told they had a team going to monitor my account, with in an hour case was resolved and I am still sitting here shaking my head.

Note that when you happen to have a great game  the ".guardfile" disappears quota manager is 15 and quota manager-journal is 0.

Every bodies different, some have it better than others.

So before accusing people of cheating, do some investigating on your own.

Message 6 of 14 (1,407 Views)

★★ Novice

I concur i think its in EA/Dice interest to leave their games like BF V broke so those WTF moments are either down to the game or someone using a hack. I mean common one on one suomi one shot kill ffs oh thats right the netcode is jacked (i have 28/30 ping) or that was a aimbot what ever it is its not gaming.

Ive been with this franchise since Bad Company 2 and as much as i want a BC3 i dont, that will get jacked too.

So please Dice do us all a favour hand it over to LA, take early retirement and FO!

Message 7 of 14 (1,351 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, if you are playing and suspect that another user is cheating then please report them using the steps in this help article: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 14 (1,338 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I face the same problem. Especially on the PC. Don't hate the game, hate the player

Message 9 of 14 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hacking will be the end of Battlefield
It's not the problem of the players that enjoy the game.
It's an EA problem to solve.
Message 10 of 14 (1,313 Views)