HUGE problem with private play

by stukapooka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

HUGE problem with private play

★★★★★ Expert

Lets hope Popcap fixes this soon but sadly as buddies have told me alongside others you need ps plus or xbox gold in order to play private play THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM as of now you will not be able to experience the game with bots outside of pve which is just a small sliver of the game and if you did own these already you might as well just get on online matches and as someone who played gw2 for a year and a half with no gold only bots I am furious this is allowed to happen to others who do not own these features and this will cause players to leave the game or not pick it up.

Message 1 of 13 (974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: HUGE problem with private play

Champion

@stukapooka  This is very annoying. I assumed since the announcement of Private Play, that you could play it even without Xbox Live Gold (or PlayStation Plus for PS Players). You were able to do Private Play without memberships in GW2, so why not in this game? I disagree with requiring membership in this game for Private Play. After all, you are not playing with other players, apart from any friends you invite. I didn’t know about this yet so thanks for the information! Thumbs up

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (933 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@stukapooka  This is very annoying. I assumed since the announcement of Private Play, that you could play it even without Xbox Live Gold (or PlayStation Plus for PS Players). You were able to do Private Play without memberships in GW2, so why not in this game? I disagree with requiring membership in this game for Private Play. After all, you are not playing with other players, apart from any friends you invite. I didn’t know about this yet so thanks for the information! Thumbs up

Message 2 of 13 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Your welcome, I also mentioned it in my private play problems post and yeah it's total bull when gw2 didn't demand this and could drive more people away from the game.
Message 3 of 13 (923 Views)

Champion
@stukapooka I’ll check out your other thread. What’s different about this game that requires you to have a membership for Private Play, compared to GW2, developers? Surely it’s easy to change this so memberships are not required.
Message 4 of 13 (915 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 There is also the problem non Xbox consoles hsve been having with the island not appearing and server login issues/crashes.
Message 5 of 13 (910 Views)

★★ Pro
@stukapooka That's a shame. I don't know if I want to renew my subscription just yet, so I was planning on just playing Private to complete challenges.
Message 6 of 13 (763 Views)

★★ Guide

@stukapooka I'm confused. I'm on PC and was able to play Private Play. Others have also said Tourist Trap Island is still broken but it was fine in Private Play. 

Message 7 of 13 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@lookinin Its a playstatuon and xbox issue as those who dont pay for extra online features sadly dont get private play for some reason when you didnt need plus or gold for gw2 private play, it's not a pc issue so you're fine.
Message 8 of 13 (744 Views)

Champion

That just makes this membership requirement issue even stranger again. Why do Console players have to use a membership, while PC players can play Private modes unaffected? That said, PC players needed Private Play more desperately than Console because of a lower player base on that platform.

Message 9 of 13 (726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85More ways to take our money I guess as ps3 didn't need to pay for online features yet ps4 does and they do this under the disguise of saying it helps pay for and maintain servers but with the way a lot of modern gaming has gone it just feels like more ways to steal people's money besides microtransactions.

Message 10 of 13 (700 Views)