Re: HOW TO BECOME AN ESPORTS CASTER

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

HOW TO BECOME AN ESPORTS CASTER

★ Novice

Hi guys, 

For a few years, ever since i started playing FIFA and Apex competitively i wanted to try and achieve a full time job in esports, i've started losing motivation for playing games competitively, but been gaining more and more interest in casting esports and being an esports commentator. 

I have had some local esports casting experience for free and really enjoyed it, but i want to take it more serious and make money out of doing so. I love esports and i know the huge growth potential it has and would love to be apart of it. 

i was just wondering on how i can become a esports caster, if anyone reading this knows how to, it would mean a lot if you could give me some advice! 

Message 1 of 2 (416 Views)

Re: HOW TO BECOME AN ESPORTS CASTER

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Swainy1969 , 

That's great! 

The casters I follow have all taken different paths to get to where they are now so there's no 'How To' guide to becoming an esports caster. There seems to be an element of right time and right place to getting some of those breaks, so if you see a chance to cast, get in there. That's what Brandon Smith and Richard Buckley' did when they learned about the Commentator cup a few years ago. Reading about their journey's may be helpful for you: "The voices of the FIFA global series and their success story". The article takes a look at how they started out in the industry and looks at where they are now. 

Top tip: keep an eye out for any opportunists you can snap up. You can learn about any future opportunities with us by keeping an eye out on official EA sites, careers page and social media channels.

- EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)