HOW-2-GRENADE

by kittypokit

Original Post

HOW-2-GRENADE

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Need some sick tips and tricks for grenades because 500 hours into the game I'm still garbage with them. Mostly I use frags to throw under me/into windows, arc stars for people who are down, and fire for.. nothing.

How are you guys using your grenades?

Message 1 of 7 (424 Views)

Re: HOW-2-GRENADE

★ Guide
@kittypokit I generally throw them at enemies.
Message 2 of 7 (387 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hmm, I kinda know what you mean.. as the pace of the game changes you have to find new uses. If someone is in a house or I know they're going to be tough to shoot, I'll get a nade out beforehand and just chuck it behind their cover. Dropping a thermite when you're hurt is useful for a quick getaway or popping a battery

Message 3 of 7 (371 Views)

Hey

For new players, if you hold the grenade button you will see how it will fly and where is will land.

Termite grenades are used for zoning and could be used offensive to avoid your enemy's getting away.

They could also be use defensively, throw them in the path from where they are pushing you and you catch them in the open and have to run around the fire.
This can result in easy picks or more time to get away.

Arc stars is the best offensive grenade in my opinion.
You can throw just behind the enemy's cover that forces them to reveal themself or to take damage.

I also use them to destroy doors and or destroy caustic traps.
It will instant down them when you stuck them in season 2
source: Season 2 Weapon Update

Frag grenade can't be used wrong, except killing yourself with it Wondering
I don't really pick them up but i use them most of the time to execute people in battle.
They can also be used as the Arc Stars but they will be less accurate as they will still move till they explode.
The explosion of the frag grenade is also more forgiving as the damage drop of is less then the arc star.

I hope this was the information you needed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 7 (349 Views)

★★ Guide
@kittypokit I have killed many people with nades in the game - once I got a 3 kills with a single grenade so I will try to explain to you what happened with me from experience.

In the beginning I wasn't using any nades at all, but with my level increasing I started to see how better players are using them constantly with great advantage. Then I started picking them up as well. In the beginning they were just sitting in my inventory, but as I got better I started to recognize situations where I needed to use them.

So my advise to you is to always keep 2 grenades and 2 arc stars in your inventory. Do not try to use them just for the sake of using them, but when you are in situation when you actually need it then you have to use them. In time you will see you'll get better with them.
Message 5 of 7 (315 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Do you guys have special spots to throw them? For example, I usually throw frags at my feet running up stairs or arc stars on the ceiling of buildings because people don't notice them as fast.

Message 6 of 7 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

All sorts of uses for them.

1) Decoy throw/Bait toss [People rarely think of this one or try it, it works!]: Throw it away from you in an odd direction hopefully causing a distraction. Next reposition!

2) Area denial: Pathways between cliffs, door ways, hall ways, death-boxes, airdrops, down teammate pickups. Toss them to deny your enemy quick/easy access.

3) Defensive throws/Caught off good or out of position: Don't be shy here throw away and run back and get ready for a fight. If you tag them push on in.

4) Reposition throws/Offensive: Enemy hiding behind a rock? No problem toss it at them to force them to move proceed with an aggressive push or gun fire.

5) Offensive/Aggressive:  Self explanatory.

6) Finish off downed players: Busy fighting others? Don't have time to finish that guy off making sure he isn't picked back up? Yeah toss a few at him.

7) Teammates on their toes?: Playing with randoms? Want to know if they're at least aware and care about the match? Throw a few tossables randomly! If they react they are in it to win it! They will spin in circles looking. They will run to you. They will chat where are they? Sure you could shoot your gun, but it doesn't make the same impact a tossable does. Normally it's best to do this test at the early stages of the game when you don't plan on carrying them or have extra.

8) Flame grenade thingy is basically useless, not worth the bag space. Yes you can use it but why carry it when the other two are far superior and just as plentiful? IT NEEDS A BUFF! Either a larger cover area, more damage or an increase in carry to 4.

What not to do or bad examples that I read here so far

1) @ The guy using them to take out caustic traps bad idea. You have limited carry space for tossables you should use your gun to take out traps. The only reason I could ever see using a tossable on a trap is if it's an odd angle and you're bouncing grenade(bunkers.) Even better method is avoid his traps all together. Run past fast or stay far.

2) Be careful of random objects like trees they will bounce them back at you or attach if it's an arcstar.

3) Don't carry more than 4 total ever; Ideally 2 arcstars and 2 grenades. Small backpack I only carry 2. No backpack probably none. Your load-out can change this as well. You don't need a lot of sniper ammo or shotgun ammo currently allowing for more bag space. This is being changed for shotguns forcing you to carry more stacks of it. Sadly I don't believe this is being addressed for the longbow or other snipers, wingman even you can get away with 1 stack.

4) I'm sure I forgot something and could easily write a book on all this, but who has time for that.

Message 7 of 7 (301 Views)