Re: Guys, help the game (without film grain please)

by anti-loser1

Original Post

Guys, help the game (without film grain please)

★★ Novice

Guys, I notice that since need 2015 (I don't know if the rivals tb because I only played it on ps3) there is a filter called "film grain" that leaves a film / grainy filter, and I find this filter HORRIBLE, because we could not enjoy 100% of the quality of the game. I googled about and need 2015 has it disabled by going to Documents> Need For Speed> Settings> PROFILEOPTIONS_profile and changing the film grain from 1 to 0. But I did that and still downloaded a sweetshade fx file if I'm not mistaken for the name, and improved and removed this filter. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to remove in Heat, because I tried pretty much the same procedure, but when I get to the file PROFILEOPTIONS_profile does not have the option of film grain.

ps: Sorry for my english, I'm brazilian.

Message 1 of 11 (7,820 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue. I've been looking for the same thing online. If the film grain can be turned off. Also the anti aliasing  TAA makes cutscenes blurry :/

Message 2 of 11 (7,760 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I want to know this as well

Message 3 of 11 (7,753 Views)

★★ Novice

And the biggest problem of all for me is that nobody notices or nobody cares about it, I find it incredibly ridiculous.

Message 4 of 11 (7,724 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried everything too but apparently we will have to wait for the modders

Message 5 of 11 (7,723 Views)

★ Pro

Well I have to say that I care about this alot. I hate to see that the filmgrain can't be disabled same thing goes for the sharpening. Also the anti aliasing can be improved in my opinion. I want an option in the game that disables the sharpening and same thing goes for the filmgrain. This gives the player the option if he wants the sharpening and filmgrain and you should never force it. I have seen someone online who had a tool to disable it but it broke my game. I couldn't start the game anymore after using it so idk what to recommend. https://www.thenerdmag.com/how-to-disable-film-grain-in-need-for-speed-heat-on-pc/ the same person also has er removal for the sharpening.

Message 6 of 11 (7,185 Views)

★ Pro
@EuphoriaJimmy I have found a way to disable filmgrain with cheat engine. If you know how cheat engine works you can disable it.
Message 7 of 11 (6,600 Views)

Message 8 of 11 (6,423 Views)

★ Pro
@anti-loser1 That is the exact same mod I just send. And I don't like what it does. Not only the problem where I couldn't start the game. The mod also changes the look of the game even when toning down the brightness. It is weird. The devs should just include a toggle in the menu to disable these effects.
Message 9 of 11 (6,394 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@Sjonny30 wrote:
@anti-loser1That is the exact same mod I just send. And I don't like what it does. Not only the problem where I couldn't start the game. The mod also changes the look of the game even when toning down the brightness. It is weird. The devs should just include a toggle in the menu to disable these effects.

Sorry, didn't realize you linked to the same exact mod as i found it a different way . Anyway i do agree that the devs should have made this optional. I have no idea why anyone would think the game looks better with it. I tried this mod myself and it works for me.

Message 10 of 11 (6,377 Views)