Guide - Improve your Aim!

by ViqTiM

Original Post

Guide - Improve your Aim!

★★★★ Novice

Mouse

This is one of the most important piece of hardware into successfully improving your aim, if your mouse is not on this list then you might want to consider upgrading!

https://on-winning.com/flawless-sensor-mouse-list-perfect/

Sensor

You want an optical mouse not a laser mouse, laser mice have acceleration built in and are generally bad for FPS games in general. 

You also want a mouse with a true 1 to 1 sensor.

Sensor is very important but it's not EVERYTHING! Ergonomics matter!

Choose a mouse that's comfortable for your hand size & grip! Ergonomics matter!

Sensitivity / CPI

Setting your CM/360 to around 35-45cm can help your accuracy and muscle memory. Anything below 35 you might find yourself over aiming and missing your target! 

I recommend starting with 400 cpi & 2.0 - 3.0 sensitivity in game

Windows sensitivity should be in the middle notch with acceleration disabled.

How big is your mouse pad? A bigger mouse pad is recommended for higher CM/360 so you don't run out of room on your mat.

Game Performance

Check your in game FPS, if your computer is struggling to run the game, this can be a huge issue in itself. A minimum of 60 FPS is the general standard for smooth game play.

If you are not getting 60 FPS you may need to lower some settings to achieve a steady 60 fps

If you are serious about improving a hardware upgrade may be necessary to improve frame rates.

Practice

Practicing muscle memory can be very beneficial to your aim.

Warm up and practice with Aim Hero ($5) / Kovaak's Aim Trainer ($10) both are great in their own way and will definitely help you improve your aim and muscle memory!

Watch the pro's and learn from them, aim is very important but you still need to be aware of what's going on around you in game.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'll keep updating it as I can think of new information that would be important! I hope this helps some people out there looking to improve their aim and game performance!

Message 1 of 1 (188 Views)