Grenade spam

by MyCanklesHurt

Original Post

Grenade spam

★ Guide

Thoughts on grenade spam? I personally hate the idea of it, i get grenades are used to flush people out of cover but throwing 6 grenades at one guy?

I feel like we should be able to throw 2 grenades in quick succession and then have a 5 second cool down for each grenade.

Message 1 of 41 (1,330 Views)

Re: Grenade spam

★ Apprentice

Most the time I play the way the team is running it. If they co-operate then we make things happen. So if your squad communicates and spams all their nades then I don't see a problem.Give a person one grenade and it's still 3 grenades to one person. I don't see much grenade spam, But often times it's people who are actually communicating with each other. If you got a Bangalore then her mortars are more annoying.

Message 2 of 41 (1,320 Views)

★ Apprentice
Its grenades why does it need a cooldown? realistically particularly in places where close quarters combat is a thing throwing a spam of grenades so you can run away and heal/shields/ protect your team so you can dodge and weave is perfectly acceptable, grenades don't need a cooldown, its not a gun with a reload
Message 3 of 41 (1,307 Views)

★★ Pro
you gotta board the same train, nade-ing is fun.
Message 4 of 41 (1,295 Views)

★ Guide
You must have played other FPS shooters before this game, nade spam is an issue in ever fps, people hate it, the one who dont are usually the ones that rely on nade kills.
Message 5 of 41 (1,283 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@MyCanklesHurt wrote:

Thoughts on grenade spam? I personally hate the idea of it, i get grenades are used to flush people out of cover but throwing 6 grenades at one guy?

I feel like we should be able to throw 2 grenades in quick succession and then have a 5 second cool down for each grenade.

It's a valid tactic to inflict damage before firing, and to flush players from cover.

It takes up valuable infantry slot to spam properly which leaves you short on other things. It's a fair trade off imo.

Message 6 of 41 (1,251 Views)

★ Pro

Really dude??? I suggest you pick more grenades up man. Get real,  are we going to be capped on how many times we can fire at you now???

Message 7 of 41 (1,232 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I certainly don't see the problem with it. Grenade spam tactics are just as legitimate as any other. We can't be too strict about what tactics are and aren't cheap.

First it was 'camping' that people had a problem with in online shooters. And over the years the list has grown with others such as sprayers, bunnyhoppers, hard-scopers and even 'tryhards'. As you might realise it has become increasingly popular to delegitimise ordinary player behaviour by giving them derogatory labels. It's a bit out of control.

Grenade spam still involves plenty of consideration. You still need to read your opponents movements to be effective solo. You need to coordinate to maximise its effectiveness with a team. It's expensive to carry the nades if you don't have a level 2+ backpack. And most importantly Apex is not intended as a solo game. If one person falls victim to grenade spam they will usually have 2 other people to come to the rescue. If all three members fell victim to the spam then they probably had it coming.

Message 8 of 41 (1,227 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I agree with what @cooperal1012 said. If you find yourself without teammates a few grenades can be very useful in both assaulting and retreating. There's always going to be a spectrum of behaviour with extremes that attract labels. But don't forget that when you nerf the extraordinary you also nerf the ordinary. Thinking

Message 9 of 41 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I so agree with you season 4 is only grenade spam they should put a limit or stop it makes the game not even about shooting

Message 10 of 41 (979 Views)