Re: Great loot pool, I don't understand how Respawn thinks

by Redmattgame

Original Post

Great loot pool, I don't understand how Respawn thinks

★★★★★ Guide

Just wanted to get this off my chest.

So SMG category, the only viable gun on the floor is the r99.

This is a serious question, nobody at respawn raised an eyebrow and informed the bros like "Yo, to many heavy weapons fellas"

And I am not just taking about the floor loot, crate guns are 90% of the time is a G7

Some attachments are out form the loot rotation because of the crafter,

And honestly we are in day one and I am already fed up that I only find 80% of the energy ammo with no gun, or just attachments, and 30 minutes later, yay a mozam or a p2020 if I am lucky an re45 which lets face it, is nothing without a hammy 

Message 1 of 17 (558 Views)

★★★ Expert

I don't think they are as good as the R-99 but you can certainly go with Alternator, Prowler, or CAR.  I would even pick Prowler or CAR so that I could switch it out for a better heavy later.

Message 2 of 17 (546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I just don't understand logic with Apex devs (whether it be past & present) logic & there obsession in thinking having fewer weapon variety in a loot pool somehow makes a game more fun it just doesn't in fact it's quite the opposite.A smaller variety of weapons just increases the chances of just finding endless Mozambique's & P2020's & very little else regardless of where you land on the map.I was always a fan of the G7 Scout from the very early seasons of Apex but when was the last time it was in the general loot pool probably around the same time as the 3030 Repeater was introduced I'd guess.I'd also like Respawn to bring back some of the old Hop-Ups like the Select Fire,Disruptor,Double-Tap just to freshen up some of the more neglected weapons like the Prowler & Eva 8 

Message 3 of 17 (525 Views)

★★ Expert

My understanding of Devs changes are to artificially increase player retention by reducing viable loot pool.

Meaning You have to spend more time in game to gather ANY viable weapon + attachments.

Remember they have all the data they need (telementry) to make that or any other choice about loot pool.

Message 4 of 17 (511 Views)

★★ Guide
@Renegade_Prime86 Only an assault rifle and heavy mg was moved to crafting. No smg was removed.
Message 5 of 17 (482 Views)

★★ Pro

Aside from the Kraber the only other weapons they nerfed were LMGs.

Message 6 of 17 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Renegade_Prime86No pros I watch run r99 over car. Personally I think the car rips harder and is easier to kit out. It's close tho so either will work. I have no idea why the alternator is even considered an smg. I do like a prowler too but the best smg in the game is the havoc. And yes I know it's not technically one.

Message 7 of 17 (435 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@hayhor With all honesty, and this might sound lame, I have no trouble controlling recoil on the guns but the reason why I don't pick up the c.a.r is no matter what I do, I just can't control the recoil and for me it still feels it kicks a lot even with purple attachments
Message 8 of 17 (400 Views)

★★★ Pro

man, me and my team were looking for Cells half of the match lol Like why lol

Message 9 of 17 (361 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Exactly

You can see they already did this with backpacks, and optics.

Two crucial components that facilitate more satisfying combat overall

Skill Based Matchmaking has been tweaked into Engagement Based Matchmaking. You get put into lobbies where things feel balanced then youre deliberately placed into the stratosphere lobby with 30,000 kills, 2000 wins, 3,000,000 dmg players which against the normal level dedicated average player like myself isnt enjoyable in the least

Fighting tooth and claw to get even a few kills a game if the initial drop doesn't go south and have to queue up another game without a single kill, just to repeat the process while solo queueing has really killed any enthusiasm I used to have for this game

Season 5 everything felt balanced as far as matchmaking was concerned, I had my Advanced Look Controls refined and well adjusted, then season 6 dropped and my ALC were no longer working anymore, the lobbies I was being placed in felt like an ocean of salt with how sweaty they were, every other encounter the enemy aim was suspiciously accurate with 301 and the same fondness I felt for the game slowly eroded away into this begrudging chore now when launching the game so I can finish the battle pass with the challenges that no longer want to line up with multiple other challenges so you can knock out multiple in one go using certain legend and certain gun loadout.

40 knocks with sub machine guns in Arenas - week 1, 5, 9

40 knocks with sub machine guns in Battle Royale - week 2, 6, 10

Play 12 matches with Gibraltar, Revenant, Crypto but previous weekly challenges dont have any abilities related ones with any of those three but rather ones from a legend you barely use

Stuff like that feels like its purposely being manipulated as to keep as many players on the game EVEN WHEN its the most popular shooter at that current time so doing this only shows that they will only respond to success not with rewards to the player base for said success but with exploitation instead. Slowly tightening the ratchet around our enjoyment, game experiences, and wallets

Message 10 of 17 (342 Views)