Re: Great day of “smart” teammates

by AcidicSoda44031

Original Post

Champion
@Koochi-Q I saw your other post and knew what you did. Wondered when you would figure it out. 🤣
Message 31 of 39 (262 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Leave me alone! I went for my nap afterwards and saw it only hours later. Luckily it was on a therad nobody commented on ;D no harm no foul xD
Message 32 of 39 (259 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Koochi-Q wrote:
Not your comment. I read your comment (the 21st post on this thread). Backed out, read other threads. Went back to this thread (or so I assume), replied and went off the interwebz after fulfilling my duty of replying to someone for no reason. Came back on way later and saw that my comment (number 24) was in another thread XD so deleted it there and pasted it here.

So either I was really weirdly drunk without touching the devil’s nectar or I misclicked and misread so bad that I should get my eyes checked... or the site bamboozled me 😜

Allfather, give @Koochi-Q sight. Tongue out

And for the griefing, you are right, but I honestly think there should be one. Lately, I feel like I have a story to unpack whenever I play Apex any given day. 

And apparently you cannot report people on PS? Not sure, I do not play there.  

Message 33 of 39 (254 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@AcidicSoda44031 Even the Allfighter might seem unwilling to grant me superior sight due to that mishap Frown xD.

There should definitely be one. It’s just such an oversight imo that there’s not a multitude of options for reporting different unwanted/unsupportive/unkind behavior in a competitive multiplayer game in this day and age. This shows (to me at least) how idealistic and frankly sheltered Respawn thought of their ‘team is all’ mentality. If there is a multiplayer aspect which is predominately randomized, there’s going to be players that are less than favorable to play with.

There’s a way but you have to go into the PS section itself, so not in the game itself so basically there’s nothing that will be done about it basically...

MICROSOFT LICENSED SOFTWARE FOR LIFE! aka in layman’s terms PC and Xbox noobs!!! xD
Message 34 of 39 (248 Views)

Champion
@Koochi-Q Ferrari told me he was able to report someone in game the other day. It may have been turned back on in game. At one point you could, then it got disabled.
Message 35 of 39 (230 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@hayhor Then they finally added it back in one of the last patches cause it still wasn’t an option a month ago.

Good work Respawn... after many many months of it having to be in-game already... xD
Message 36 of 39 (224 Views)

★★★ Expert

Just on that whole reporting thing....

One of the many failures of Overwatch was its reporting system.  In the end, people would just get reported if they didn't play the way someone else thought they should.  Pick the wrong character, reported, don't like you, reported, just for fun, reported.  I mean, that should have been obvious as far as what would happen, but yet it happened anyway.

You can see what's going on with unfair bans.   Imagine, just imagine, Respawn trying to actually manage a reporting system.

Cheaters are dealt with only because a company with a game with a lot of cheaters loses its player base.  But people playing badly, and not the way someone else thinks they should, are a resource game companies fear will cost them sales if they ban the bad players.  Because bad players, but ones following the rules of how the game works, buy things and want to keep playing (and hey, probably it should be no surprise, cheaters don't).

It actually makes a little sense.  Ideally would be a ref watching all play, just like, you know, what happens in esports tournaments.  But since that's unrealistic across millions of players, bad play should be handled by the game company designing its game.  

This is why I go on endlessly about Respawn fixing problems.  Sure, there are bad players but there are ALWAYS bad players and you will never change that.  What you can change, is the way a game works, and yes, that's more work on Respawns part, but that's who should be doing the work, and you can look at other games and see where bad players do not get away with certain things...because the game allows it.

WHILE that is happening, I would like to announce I have soloed to Platinum and am now ready for playing with a team again in ranked :D

Message 37 of 39 (213 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q but how does he wait extra time if you leave after their banner times out?
Message 38 of 39 (198 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Lord_Scorpion34 I meant if he waited until banner ran out of time (hence having to wait until banner expiration) before leaving.

I might’ve formulated it wrongly before (not looking back) causing the confusion 😅
Message 39 of 39 (194 Views)