Re: Great day of “smart” teammates

by AcidicSoda44031

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Lord_Scorpion34 yesterday I had an Octane who rushed into a squad. And guess? Yeah he died.

I also had a Crypto teammate. You know that location on Olympus between the Turbine and Hammond Labs? Yeah that one. We were on the ground floor or whatever, we fought a squad, and it was a miracle we even survived. My teammates were downed and I was left in a 2v1 situation. And all I could shoot with was the Triple Take in close-quarters. I managed to kill them both but oh boi, I was left with literally like a pixel of health.

Anyway, I rez my teammates, and... guess what the Octane does? He ziplines up the building alone, and surprise, he found another squad. He did not even bother to wait for Crypto to scan the area, he just went there. And we couldn't do much either because we were not able to fully heal and/or recharge the shields after the previous battle.

If that Octane player had any sense, he would have waited for Crypto to scan the area first, and after realizing another squad was above us, he would have proposed to run back to the Turbine, or you know, anywhere but up there.

But no, he HAD to go up there. He went there so fast that I legit did not realize it until he was downed.

You know, it feels amazing when you are the one who carries the squad and saves the day... but sometimes I just regret it. This is sad because I LOVE Octane, and I hate it when people think they can just solo rush a squad and stim away that easily if things get bad.

Message 11 of 39 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@DaDeDimson

Yes, that is an issue, and it has been an issue all along. I wish I could leave the group and kill my team mates as if they were regular enemies.
Kinda going "rogue" on them.

not to mention the ones that "absorb" all loot, leave you with no guns, and no shield, then do not stick around, but go die in the open 300 meters away...

There is so much to talk about "smart" moves that would absorb the whole time I've got.

Message 12 of 39 (525 Views)

★★ Expert
@AcidicSoda44031 Faster! Faster! Faster!
Message 13 of 39 (505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@AcidicSoda44031

I think part of the fault comes from watching streamers. They do it for content, they do it because they have skills -at least some of them do.

Then there is the all time wrong advice, "drop hot" and rambo everything. Priceless piece of wrong advice... yet still going strong 2 years after skull town has been removed, and i mean DELETED from the map --literally. Go figure. It's a gamble for loot, good team mates, bad opponents etc.... yet I cannot count how many times that happens...
I'm at the point that when I drop and there are like 5 teams going for the same area, and I have no comms with my team mates I quit the match.
Pubs.

I do not play ranked because I'm not too good, and I do not have a team for it, and because it would only be pubs with a leaving penalty for me.

Message 14 of 39 (495 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Lord_Scorpion34 

When they put me in charge I promise you I’ll make it work the way it’s supposed to.

I have no control, tho, over what Respawn has decided it’s scoring system will be about, And how it works is you can’t fight your way reasonably up to platinum without a premade AND, you can’t advance through platinum unless you have a premade.  It’s because, far as I can tell, Apex can’t get people to play together, and because of the way their characters and game work.

look at what people post as their favorite characters and you’ll mostly see when they say teamwork, they mean do what they want while they Path/Octane/Horizon/Wraith wherever they ‘know better’ to go.

I just refuse inflicting the pain on people I know personally.  And I have to say I end up carrying the pugs if they stick around to a reliable positive point placement from their early game -24.  So,  I guess I fight for justice Wink

I know this is supposed to be a team game but it isn’t players’ fault anymore. It really is the way their game works.  Love Apex but it needs to get so much better at this.

Message 15 of 39 (491 Views)

It's crazy to me how many people play this game and choose not to communicate or coordinate with the squad.

I tell them to divert to a new location if we're late on the drop and sometimes people do listen. But not always.

I make the choice to communicate with my squad, and I share loot and don't play selfish. And even though I'm not a great player I generally get good reactions just for trying to be a good squad mate.

Message 16 of 39 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@HopesKunai yes dropping hot is a bad advice, especially for new players.

I'll tell you this, when I was new, I noticed that like half the lobby dropped immediately. And by the time I was level 3, I realized that maybe hot dropping where 3 other squads are already going isn't a bright idea.

You'd expect the same from high level people who play idk, Octane, Loba (and let's face it, if you unlocked just one of these legends, you are at least level 23) but no, they just keep hot dropping where they shouldn't and die instantly, and then blame the teammates for breaking off and going to a safer place.

Now, I do not mind if someone wants to hot drop, as long as he/she does it carefully and with a bit of criteria. This is not something I do myself either, so it helps me spice things up. Sometimes we survive, sometimes we don't, that's how it goes.

However it becomes utterly ridiculous when the JM is hellbent on dropping where 3 other squads are already going. That is simply asking for death, really. And sometimes I feel guilty about it, because I was the one who was assigned the JM role from the game, but decided to concede it once we were put in the dropship. Really, these people make me want to just keep the JM role to myself, otherwise I am going to lose my brain cells.

I just cannot believe that people do this. I can forgive them if they are new players and still need to learn the game, but otherwise, its completely unacceptable. As far as I am concerned, these people are just griefing, I really do not know how else to put it.

@CCbathwater I remember that in another thread, I said that Octane is the teammate I play worse with. My reasoning: I just can't keep up. Go figure.

Message 17 of 39 (456 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@DaDeDimson Hate when that happens this is why I don’t play randoms If I can
Message 18 of 39 (447 Views)

★★ Expert
Literally had a Crypto landing at the charge tower in the huuuge open area next to Capacitor and Cage. Never had a jm land me there before. On the bright side though, there weren't any teams landing with us. 🤔 They probably landed at places where there's actually loot and stuff.
Message 19 of 39 (422 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CCbathwater this is something I would expect from a level 1 Lifeline... but no, its a Crypto.
Message 20 of 39 (395 Views)