Graphics?

by RUMPLE9

Original Post

Graphics?

★★★★ Guide

Honest question, how can 5 year old BF1 on the old Frostbite 3 game engine have better graphics (even photorealism) than 2042?

Message 1 of 10 (381 Views)

Re: Graphics?

★★★ Pro
@RUMPLE9 Buy a pair of glasses my man .. BF2042 graphics are insane ground texture , light effect , weather's effect are among the best ive ever seen .. BF1 is not bad looking but it aint as good as 2042 in 99% of the senarios possible
Message 2 of 10 (340 Views)

★ Pro
@RUMPLE9 The actual quality is definitly better in 2042.

The artistic side of it though, the atmosphere and attention to detail and so on was miles better in BF1.

My guess would be that all the complaints about visibility in BF1 and BF5 led them to make more sterile looking maps in 2042.
Message 3 of 10 (317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@BizzyVapingAnd then ruin the visibility by having rain that lasts forever in half the maps!

Overall on Xbox One the graphics are very good and I'd say generally they have improved since BFV.

Message 4 of 10 (309 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You guys must be playing different games to me - I play both games high settings in 4k. BF1 looks like a real life movie, 2042 looks like a cartoon

Message 5 of 10 (264 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@RUMPLE9My friend " in Angel's voice"

Battlefield 2042 is way higher graphics than BF1 but I understand why you feel this way, the game have a very poor atmosphere, since Battlefield 1 had one of the best atmospheres if not the best it's hard to notice the superiority in BF42

They need to work on the war atmosphere and the destruction to make it shine

" I play battlefield mainly for it's atmosphere to feed my toxic masculinity " 

Message 6 of 10 (244 Views)

@RUMPLE9 It's a matter of preference. I prefer 2042's BF4 style visuals as opposed to the messier albeit prettier BF1/5 type graphics.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 7 of 10 (235 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@RUMPLE9 Yep bf1 and bfv are much prettier games
Message 8 of 10 (219 Views)

★ Guide
@RUMPLE9 BF1 is in every aspect a better looking and better performing game.
Message 9 of 10 (195 Views)

★ Guide
@Stew360 I wear glasses, BF1 in every way looks better than 2042.

One thing I do like about 2042 is the tessellation effects on the ground from vehicles. Other than that, 2042 looks cartoony and is overall downgrade visually and about everywhere else.
Message 10 of 10 (191 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help