Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Graphics performance degrading?

by Sazabinitengale

Original Post

Graphics performance degrading?

★★★ Apprentice

Anyone else feel like their graphics performance is degrading? In the beta (that's what it was) I was getting high 80s to low 100s sustained. Now I'm getting 60s sustained and I've even dipped into 40s and I can't understand it. I'm on 1440p Max settings.

i7 5820k 

GTX 1080ti

32 gigs RAM

Game is loaded on 2TB evo 860 

Main OS drive is 256 ssd

I don't get why it's taking such a hit. I've seen 40s in fort Tarsis even. Anyone else seeing this?

Message 1 of 4 (69 Views)

Re: Graphics performance degrading?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There's hundreds of posts in the bug report and tech forums, and a bunch on Reddit, Twitter, and YouTube.

People with machines that should by all rights be able to play smoothly are getting terrible fps, freezes, stutters, 100% cpu usage, and even 100% hard drive usage.

I haven't seen a single staff response aside from a community manager linking an ineffective community fix.

I played during both betas, that was supposed to be the test to show how well the game ran, and it was amazing. Release has been absolutely deplorable.

At this time I have around 60 hours game time, maybe 10 of that is actual play, the rest is troubleshooting since I can't play more than 2 missions without performance tanking.

Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Oh, thanks for the reply, I was not aware of this.
Message 3 of 4 (47 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oooo , let me get in here before someone posts about playing smooth , no crash on a casio calculator.. Happens all the time..And yes on the performance hit.. More so after the last patch.

Time to boot up the ole commodore 64 , amirite?

Message 4 of 4 (44 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help