Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Grandmaster Feels like Diablo 3 Inferno All Over Again

by 2Weak2Live

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
its all about understanding it. the system is not new, it exists in other games like diablo and wow. running same content and higher scaling difficulties. knowing how the system works makes it easier to manage. get a good understanding of the different items available for ur class, and learn the mobs and what they do. learn what weapons are strong and weak against things. example, i believe handguns and shotguns are stronger against blue shields but weaker against armored units (yeallow health bars). and opposite, snipers are strong against armored, and weak against shields. learn the windows of opportunity, like the time between Ursix rock throws, or the recharge rate of the elite shields. it all helps.
Message 11 of 25 (631 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

@xSupportalKombat wrote:
its all about understanding it. the system is not new, it exists in other games like diablo and wow. running same content and higher scaling difficulties. knowing how the system works makes it easier to manage. get a good understanding of the different items available for ur class, and learn the mobs and what they do. learn what weapons are strong and weak against things. example, i believe handguns and shotguns are stronger against blue shields but weaker against armored units (yeallow health bars). and opposite, snipers are strong against armored, and weak against shields. learn the windows of opportunity, like the time between Ursix rock throws, or the recharge rate of the elite shields. it all helps.

What’s the go-to source for masterworks? I’ve been running gm1 legendary contracts for two days and have only gotten 1 MW

Message 12 of 25 (174 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
thats just bad luck my dude. are u only doing gm1 for the legendary contracts? or everything? cuz ive been doing GM1 on everything for about 24 hours or real time, not play time, and ive gotten 2 legendaries and 4 masterworks
Message 13 of 25 (161 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@xSupportalKombat wrote:

its literally all about the masterwork and legendaries. have you looked at the stats on them? makes an absurd difference. the armor more so than the weapons really. the weapons give an array of nice bonuses, which help a lot. but the stat difference between epic and masterwork items like components are staggering. i play ranger. the first masterwork i got was a component. dont remember which one or the exact numbers but it looked something like this-

epic ranger component - PL 36

armor bonus 600

shield bonus 600

various stats

masteerwork ranger component - PL 45 (masterwork version of the same component)

armor bonus 2800

shield bonus 2800

more bonus effects than the masterwork

so you can see that there is a massive difference. one masterwork component is damn near the equivalent in power as all 6 slots of epics. granted it does depend on which components and what not, but the trend remains the same. jumping into GM1 right at 30 isnt really so bad, long as you know what ur doing. but 2 and 3 requires these items. 

now having a full masterwork and legendary set up, GM3 will still be god damn hard. but it will not be as overwhelming as it seems, just looking at the raw dmge and hp % increase. work on doing everything on GM1 and the items will start rolling in, and it gets easier and easier.

hey that is very helpful info

thanks Standard smile

makes more sense now about masterwork, epic, etc.

are all of these things just random drops or do you need to find blueprints?

Message 14 of 25 (156 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

@xSupportalKombat wrote:

its literally all about the masterwork and legendaries. have you looked at the stats on them? makes an absurd difference. the armor more so than the weapons really. the weapons give an array of nice bonuses, which help a lot. but the stat difference between epic and masterwork items like components are staggering. i play ranger. the first masterwork i got was a component. dont remember which one or the exact numbers but it looked something like this-

epic ranger component - PL 36

armor bonus 600

shield bonus 600

various stats

masteerwork ranger component - PL 45 (masterwork version of the same component)

armor bonus 2800

shield bonus 2800

more bonus effects than the masterwork

so you can see that there is a massive difference. one masterwork component is damn near the equivalent in power as all 6 slots of epics. granted it does depend on which components and what not, but the trend remains the same. jumping into GM1 right at 30 isnt really so bad, long as you know what ur doing. but 2 and 3 requires these items. 

now having a full masterwork and legendary set up, GM3 will still be god damn hard. but it will not be as overwhelming as it seems, just looking at the raw dmge and hp % increase. work on doing everything on GM1 and the items will start rolling in, and it gets easier and easier.

That needs to be fixed, there needs to be less of a gap between Epic and Masterwork or customers will fold and move on to Division 2.. I'm not joking.

Message 15 of 25 (152 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice
not really. its quite the opposite. the massive power boost is what will keep people eager and fishing. its incredibly unfulfilling to farm hard for an item, finally get one, and its like a 1% increase in stats.

and on top, they way the scaling of grandmaster works, its necessary. and no, GM shud not be lowered, because then anyone can do the hardest difficulty with ease, and then there goes the hardcore endgame, and then in comes the new posts about how easy the game is.
Message 16 of 25 (148 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

except that MWs drop with +1% stat increases, so they need to change that at least

Message 17 of 25 (118 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice

Umm Of course it does. It is supposed to. Not sure what the issue is. I do agree with the 2.0 point of your statement

But the game hasn't even gotten to full release yet. It took Years for Diablo to fine tune it to make it fun. Give it time.

Message 18 of 25 (113 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@Swiftless wrote:

What’s the go-to source for masterworks? I’ve been running gm1 legendary contracts for two days and have only gotten 1 MW

It's not just you.  I've gotten 13 masterworks from hard and normal missions, and so far ZERO from GM1 missions.  Also I get 1/4 as much XP from GM1, which is ridiculous.

Message 19 of 25 (99 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It's as difficult as it was in Diablo 3, yeh.. but here's a big difference. It's optional. The drop rates aren't so bad in other modes that GM3 is your only option. D3 drop rates were so bad that even on Inferno your chances of getting a legendary were almost nothing.

In Anthem you can happily play Normal and get good drops at a better rate than you could in D3 Inferno, if you really wanted to.

Message 20 of 25 (89 Views)
Twitter Stream