Grand Soirée Patch discussion

by EA_David

Original Post

Grand Soirée Patch discussion

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Welcome to the Grand Soirée!

You can find a quick summary of the event, some bug fixes and some balance changes (Crypto drone buff woop!) in the main post here!

Let us know what you think (or speculate on what the Energy Mag changes mean) below!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 49 (2,811 Views)

Re: Grand Soirée Patch discussion

Who hooo, bug fixes! 

A big buff for crypto and a small one for Gibby, sounds fair.
The wraith nerf is a bit much but let's see how that plays out.

The havoc/devotion have now the same ammo as if it had a level 2 mag.

Not bad, think that is a nice change, makes them even stronger in early fights but I'm fine with that.

Do I see Private Servers for big tournaments, that's a really nice change and a lot more content that will be coming out.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 49 (2,777 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_DavidThis is the first time, in however many hears I’ve had this EA account, that I’ve actually been motivated to voice my frustration to a game update! The Wraith nerf was not needed... no one was complaining about her. I don’t understand the logic - what was the reasoning for this nerf? 

Message 3 of 49 (2,739 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David This time we made a mistake and shipped a change that wasn’t intended to go live until Season 4.

What exactly is this sentence a reference to? Is it the extended energy mag removal or something else?

About the energy mags, what is the ammo capacity for the Triple Take now that we don't have extended mags? Only the Havoc and the Devotion are mentioned.

Message 4 of 49 (2,717 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I honestly totally agree, I have never posted on any forum for any game for changes but this nerf for wraith feels excessive while gibby I feel as well did not need another buff...why the change?

Message 5 of 49 (2,715 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Gibby buff is spactacular! Fat guy with added perks gets another buff. Perfect!
Message 6 of 49 (2,687 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_David I disagree with everyone in here saying the wraith nerf was unnecessary. While the nerf was unexpected, I think it will improve the QoL of gameplay. The wraith's ability to escape fights was very annoying/frustrating; this will help balance that out.

All of the other bug fixes and nerfs/buffs are all right on the mark as well.
However, I am still waiting for a slight buff to the Mozambique (mag size or damage) and P2020 (non-hammerpoint damage) to make them more viable weapons.
Message 7 of 49 (2,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Event seems to be working out just fine, but I only have one nag.

I'm part of a community of 10-20 people, and we've always been
wanting custom games to play with only our friends.

Sadly, the tournament games are good and all but will there ever be a public version of such a feature?
Thanks!

Message 8 of 49 (2,559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

el Oh el. More wraith nerfs.....can’t believe Respawn. Nerfing and buffing characters based on usage rates is truly a bad idea. In order to successfully nerf and buff characters using usage rates you would also needs to understand why the person chose the character. Since you dont know why the the nerf or buff is just done through pure assumption and you know how assuming goes. 

Message 9 of 49 (2,499 Views)

★ Guide

We need buffs for Lifeline now, also we need buffs for Octane, Mirage and Bloodhound.
And sadly increasing the cool down for Wraith wasn't a necessary change.

Message 10 of 49 (2,475 Views)