Grand Soirée Discussion thread.

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: Grand Soirée Discussion thread.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@PretzelnutcakeGo check the playapex twitter. Posts have gone from... and I quote some
‘FIX SBMM
FIX SBMM
FIX SBMM
FIX SBMM
FIX SBMM’ and ‘overpriced cash grab’ to ‘Apex suddenly reinstalled itself’, ‘Kings Canyon after dark? Let’s go’ and ‘Those skins look amazing and no $20?’

Lolz I think this is the first time since the beginning that they post a new tweet that’s definitely more positive than even neutral. I think less than 15% of what I’ve seen was partially negative. Most that were ‘negative’ were that 2 days isn’t alot of time, fix sbmm (of course) AND that when the event ends, it’s the monotony of grinding again, at least for the week between when the event ends and new season begins.

Most don’t want substance, you should know that. It’s like dangling car keys in front of someone you just tripped who broke his/her femur just to keep him/her from talking or sueing you. Shininess is all most want. or maybe I just like being a nudist :P

If they don’t fix any lingering problems, ppl will like the event but will still complain about the problems. But IF all problems are actually fixed (like all... and I mean all) in this event somehow, people will complain that the game runs good now but that there need to be permanent modes now that the game runs well. 

Message 31 of 99 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

There's hierachy of need, the need to complain is at the top Standard smile

Message 32 of 99 (724 Views)

★ Guide

So awesome!! I cannot wait this sounds like fun . Been kind of dragging glad something refreshing is coming and it sounds so good. Can't wait to see exactly what's what

Message 33 of 99 (719 Views)

★ Guide

Everyone complaining about modes at least we get these for the time being and it sounds pretty cool. 

I believe something good is coming on the anniversary. If not then I'll loose a lot of faith lol. But just from this event it seems like they are at least putting something on the gas peddle. 

Message 34 of 99 (706 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_David But WAIT...

After dark... do they just mean night time KC or do they also mean shadowfall (so with shadows)? Either way it’s KC at night so I’m already happy, but shadowfall will make me clench my bumcheeks and play crazily for hours on end!
Message 35 of 99 (672 Views)

Community Manager

@Koochi-Q I believe it's "just" KC at night, rather than being Shadowfall again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 36 of 99 (662 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_David That’s too bad... lolz ppl are gonna be surprised. On the post on twitter everyone thought it was shadowfall too :P

Oh well, gonna vent my not-having-shadows-2-kill anger on legends!
Message 37 of 99 (655 Views)

★★★ Expert
@Wingmannedbro Hmm, that Dummies Big Day looks like a solo to me. Some dummies are npcs, but some are players. Probably the mode comes with a random ability or the possibility to choose up to 3 abilities and ultimates to rotate between. That would actually be a truly balanced solo and will end up with more cries after :D.
Message 38 of 99 (634 Views)

Champion

I am SO looking forward to this!

All of these game modes sound like so much fun I can't wait! 

I wonder if anything else will change with the event or just wait for big changes at the start of S4?

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 39 of 99 (628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunate. Way more important issues need addressing than this. You know, things like improved servers/netcode, permanent solo/duo modes, or fixes for sound bugs, SBMM, and cheating. Oh right silly me, that’s not what this is. Only thing we can do is continue to speak with our wallets I guess? Thanks for listening EA/Respawn. This was exactly what everyone wants. 🙄🤣 

Message 40 of 99 (603 Views)