Re: Grand Soirée Discussion thread.

by Professor_Doggy

Original Post

@Koochi-Q not fantastic really bud. To save repeating myself have a look at my post here. Its a bit aquward and not very satisfying.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Third-Person-Mode-Discussion-thread/m-p/8659511#M62356

You'll have to change your outlook a bit there, cause if you are getting lucky you are lucky!Large smile

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 91 of 99 (477 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@OldTreeCreeper Had already read that before your post here. I thought it might have gotten better :P

Message 92 of 99 (451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@EA_David 

Quick question, how does one acquire the Caustic Soiree skin if it's not already out?

Teammate had the skin yesterday, when asked, he just wouldn't reply lol

Edit* Might be already added to the loot pool, but not the actual store.

Message 93 of 99 (429 Views)

★ Pro
@Gabrielmojo26 It’s available to craft or purchase from within Caustic’s standard skin selections. It’s a new legendary skin that regularly available.
Message 94 of 99 (408 Views)

★★ Expert

@AdotLone I am so late with this reply, but I wanted to know what your overall enjoyment of each of the events so far has been. I know it just seems like I'm heckling, but I'm trying to keep an open mind about all these events. But I also wanted to just go through and address your comments too. 

1. Didn't enjoy Gold Rush Duos, it was a lot of carrying one person to top 5, or being the only one dealing damage, just to get Krabered at the very end. It all felt very same samey after about 5 matches where the skill level I played at was pushing with Mastiffs and popping headshots with Krabers. I admit, the first 3 matches were fun, but after that (and I played at least 10 I don't remember) it wore off pretty quickly. 

2. I never got to see anyone respawn. Didn't enjoy the event. For me it was just squad wipe after squad wipe after squad wipe. No one could disengage fast enough, and my teams definitely didn't let anyone escape. It just felt like normal Apex, and while I guess that's not really a fair criticism, I enjoyed the Winter Express way more than this mode. 

3. This one I actually kind of liked. Granted, it did wear off after 2 matches. Personally, I think the most interesting part was actually watching myself move to strafe and dodge bullets. Granted, I also got to see how terrible their netcode with a full perspective of ducking behind cover and still getting hit by rounds. 

4. This one I really really wanted to enjoy. But to me the ring is way too slow, and I was kind of let down by the damage the ring itself does. I thought there'd be a higher penalty for damage since they give you 9 minutes to get to the ring, but it seems like the final ring doesn't deal enough damage. At least to me. I've had more hectic matches after fighting 4 squads in a row and then trying to escape from the ring rather than the 7 or 8 matches I played of this event before I buffed out 7k meters. 

5&6. They're not out yet, but A&D was one of my favorite events too. I've wanted it to come back too, but my criticism was that they're passing it off as an original event rather than putting A&D, as well as solos, shadowfall, and other community favs into a rotating game mode that's available for everyone to play. People have been asking for that, me included, and yet our wishes fell on deaf ears, and instead we got this event with regurgitated content, but brand new well made skins. My personal criticism of this event is not that we have an event that's just re-used content. But rather, it's very clear at the moment (as Dummie's Big Day hasn't been released) that all the work went into the premium content of the game, rather than spending that effort on fixing issues that are currently very wrong with the game. Netcode, cheaters, a better metric for SBMM, hit-reg, audio, etc. etc.  Now don't get me wrong, the skins are gorgeous and obviously they have to make money somehow. But I've been playing since 2 weeks after the game came out, and after a while, it seems like we're getting better and better skins, rather than a better and better quality of game. I still somewhat enjoy the game when I get pockets of high intensity action vs. players of my level or higher, but it's rare, and seeing better skins rather than things I've been directly affected by for seasons is bothersome. I want to really enjoy this game again, and I definitely want it to rise up and create a big boom like it did when it launched. 

7 & Ending. I'm still definitely excited for that mode. I've been very curious, and I really hope it's not a total letdown. But as for other ways you can enjoy the game? Why not just break the rules entirely? Take the core strengths of the game, and turn those into ways you can enjoy the game. Take the lore behind it, and make a mode for it. Why not add Titans in a PVE styled event, with Apex movement and gun-play? Why not a tournament mode open to all players, where you start off 1v1 with white shields and a P2020, and you fight in a bracket, earning points as you kill a person which you can spend on upgrading shields, buying attachments, changing your weapon, etc. etc? Why not simply Halo 3 Forge mode it, letting people make makeshift maps of their own, with their own rules and custom gamemodes? It's not about, "How can I keep the theme of this game and incorporate it into all the ideas I have." It's about taking the core strengths of the game, and finding ways to branch them out into versatile, enjoyable, and refreshing experiences. This event is refreshing, at the very least I have been interested in playing Apex throughout the duration of this event. But after playing for so long, and seeing the drastic difference in quality from my start until now, is disheartening to say the least. Why should we settle for just a good game, when this game has the makings of being great? 

Message 95 of 99 (393 Views)

★★ Guide

@pastaclown Just saw this.

Ive enjoyed each in their own way. Enough to complete most of the challenges for them anyway.

1. I was expecting gold shields and gold everything in Gold Rush. Clearly that didn't happen. It was nice to have duos back and I got some time to practice with the Kraber and the Mastiff. I eventually settled on the G7 and Mastiff combo and was able to have some fun, but firefights didn't last long. I enjoyed normal duos more.

2. Live. Die. Live. took a while to grow on me. It was maybe 5 matches in before I actually respawned in. Once you get the flow and your team learns to run from third parties and hide out until you respawn it becomes slightly more fun, but it never reached its full potential. The last ring would be pretty chaotic some times, but it took a lot of running and hiding to get there.

3.  I enjoyed Third Person more than I thought I would. Finding friends online that felt the same was hard though. It was cool to be able to look around cover and see your skins in action, but it never felt as smooth as normal Apex. I had fun, but I would opt for First Person almost every time if we were given the choice.

4. I loved the constant closing ring. It made everyone feel rushed and in a panic even though the ring was easily outrun. I had some great matches just running with the ring and wiping squads as they fought with each other and the final ring chaos was crazy. We had 7 squads in the final ring once and it was usually 5 or 6. Choosing your drop zone was super important and knowing where the final ring was let you build a plan and execute it.

5&6. Im looking forward to A&D as well as Kings Canyon. I liked A&D and Im excited to try it again with better skills with shotguns and snipers as well as on the new map. Everyone reminiscing about KC has got me excited to hot drop and get frantic, but the night aspect makes visibility less. I didn't enjoy the Fright even that much for that reason. There are some great things they could do with this game, and I think they will. Each season and its events should build on the previous one. If they shoot their best and biggest ideas off first then it starts to fall flat. I think they are doing a decent job of giving us new ways to play and rehashing old ways to play while building up lore and excitement for whats to come. Im not huge into skins, but I have spent some money here and there. They are definitely getting better and better with their skins. I hope that they are working on issues instead of just skins, but who knows what their real approach is. If it was just Respawn I would have more faith, but EA has no good faith from me.

7. Im excited and curious for this mode. It has a lot of potential to check a lot of peoples boxes. Will it? We will have to wait and see. There is a lot of potential in the game and I can see how it has been dragging on while issues still linger. It is disheartening to see, but it has also continued to grow and expand. Maybe not at the pace we would like to see, but it is becoming more with each season. I like the idea of being along for the journey and experiencing the growth of the game, the highs and lows, before finally meeting its final shape. It will mean a lot more in the end then if it was just the end mode. I know its not going to be my cup  of tea all the time, but I will enjoy what I can. I really hope they take the effort to upgrade servers and fix their cor code issues, but I understand its a huge undertaking and hard to justify while the game is still carrying on and making money. Hopefully Respawn still loves their game and is working towards something amazing that fulfills all the possibilities of what this game could be. I would love to fight some titans with my friends. We will have to see where the story goes.

Message 96 of 99 (352 Views)

Champion

I'm still suffering from a bug in my game that has caused my challenges to disappear.

Only happens on my account, my housemates account is still fine on the same PS4. 

Can't see my progress on the event and challenges until I get into a game.

Hey there I'm a volunteered Champion! I don't work for EA I just like to help out around the forums, keep the peace and submit ideas to the community.

Did I answer your question? Please leave some tasty XP or even mark as a solution!

Got some QOL ideas for Apex? Add them here: 

Apex Legends QOL Collection

Message 97 of 99 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Koochi-QLet them complain about SBMM. every article I have read on SBMM has gone into great detail about how SBMM greatly improves player retention for 80-90% of the player base.

I’m in the “hard” lobbies now, everyone has 3000+ kills 20 bombs and so on. I did not like it at first, but have been adapting. My win ratio went from about 30% In the easier lobbies down to below 10% in the hard lobbies. When I was in the easy lobbies I was almost always posting 1200+ Damage games. Now those games are less frequent for me but they still happen. I had one last night in which I carried the team to a win 1283 damage 5 kills 2 revives and 1 respawn.. teammates were 270 damage 0 kills and 3 kills 580 damage.

I really don’t mind so long as it helps the game as an entirety out and the game grows. The sweat lobbies are not terribly hard. They are just competitive. I’d estimate my win ratio in them to be around 5%. That seems fair to me, 20 teams means you have a 5% chance at things going favorably and your team winning. Some nights I do better, other nights worse. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 98 of 99 (331 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_David Loved it!! Thank you!
Message 99 of 99 (294 Views)