Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Grand Master 2/3

by istrafex

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

sorry to call you out but video evidence or I'm calling BS.

Message 31 of 47 (130 Views)

★★ Guide

@istrafex wrote:

@MjNaise apparently we missed that^^. Honestly up until GM2 we 1st phased him almost every time unless we had a random 4th. So when the adds weren't getting cleaved out like normal we thought something was off. At the same time, like i mentioned, we weren't running all the right elements/combos so that might make a huge difference but pugging it right now? At 443..

479 now Standard smile still 2 masterworks missing.... even getting so many drops i often don´t know which to choose like following example Wondering

123.jpg

But anyways, GM2 with randoms doesn´t allways work, especially when there are some interceptors in group (they´re basicly useless in GM2+ and waste an important slot.... they realy need a buff for endgame at highest difficulties).

Best runs have been with 2 colossus, 1 storm, 1 ranger.

Storm is the crowd controller and primer for ice and electric..... he never ever detonates.... NEVER!... would be a wasted combo.

Colossus both run with shieldbuff (so the entire group, if they stick together, have permanent 33% damage resistence), fire primer, grenadelauncher for acid primer and longrange detonator, because they detonate everything where there are more than 1 trashmob in range.

The Ranger is the singletarget detonator like on a boss for high damage peaks.

Allways switch the primes once detonated, because the enemies will not get imune to every detonation, only the one that just exploded... so if you detonate fire, instantly switch to ice and detonate again Sick

That´s enough tips for now... maybe you´ll figure out more on yourself Angel

Message 32 of 47 (166 Views)

★★★★ Novice

pewpew bro

Message 33 of 47 (163 Views)

★★ Guide

@Cyranis wrote:

pewpew bro

doesn´t make sense to use it at all since you already do enough fire damage and apply fireprimes.

It´s better to use a acid grenadelauncher to combine both effects for even higher damageoutput

Message 34 of 47 (158 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If you can get one shot by trash mobs in gm2 with 500 gear score then how the * do you even progress through gm3?? Just never get hit by anything??

Message 35 of 47 (150 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ive gotten pretty close to finishing scar stronghold on gm2 three times now but we always wipe at the last 1-2 bars trying to rez someone who was soloing across the room so he doesnt lose out on loot but everyone just leaves instead of doing the 20 mins fight again. i was always ranger. the only team ive heard of beating gm3 scar fortress was apparently some duo team of a ranger and a storm that were using broken mechanics they showed in a yt video where the blast missile says 220 damage but in reality was hitting over 200k damage, and the storm was also broken casting nonstop ultimates, so i wouldnt even count that as a real victory if they stood behind walls shooting 200k+ aoe damage on cooldown and infinitely hitting 50k+ damage aoes with invincibility. thats actually cheating. i have the masterwork blast missile and ever since the update it hits 3k damage, not an entire legendary hunter/scouts shield + 1/5th of their hp or 1 shotting a scrapper on gm3. to give you an idea, i headshot for about 70k with my masterwork deadeye and it takes about 3-5 shots in the face to kill a scrapper on gm3. i barely tickle legendary enforcers or turrets first health bubble weakspotting their fuel tanks for over 100k a shot.

i have only cleared scar fortress on gm1 so far, on gm2-3 people quit after the first or 2nd chest so they do not follow me forward. feelsbad.

Message 36 of 47 (146 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@MjNaise wrote:

@istrafex wrote:

@MjNaise apparently we missed that^^. Honestly up until GM2 we 1st phased him almost every time unless we had a random 4th. So when the adds weren't getting cleaved out like normal we thought something was off. At the same time, like i mentioned, we weren't running all the right elements/combos so that might make a huge difference but pugging it right now? At 443..

479 now Standard smile still 2 masterworks missing.... even getting so many drops i often don´t know which to choose like following example Wondering

123.jpg

But anyways, GM2 with randoms doesn´t allways work, especially when there are some interceptors in group (they´re basicly useless in GM2+ and waste an important slot.... they realy need a buff for endgame at highest difficulties).

Best runs have been with 2 colossus, 1 storm, 1 ranger.

Storm is the crowd controller and primer for ice and electric..... he never ever detonates.... NEVER!... would be a wasted combo.

Colossus both run with shieldbuff (so the entire group, if they stick together, have permanent 33% damage resistence), fire primer, grenadelauncher for acid primer and longrange detonator, because they detonate everything where there are more than 1 trashmob in range.

The Ranger is the singletarget detonator like on a boss for high damage peaks.

Allways switch the primes once detonated, because the enemies will not get imune to every detonation, only the one that just exploded... so if you detonate fire, instantly switch to ice and detonate again Sick

That´s enough tips for now... maybe you´ll figure out more on yourself Angel

This is a better response. Agreed about the Interceptor, I'm already getting mods on another javalin, but pugging it consistently isn't realistic.

During our play through we noticed everything you mentioned but the elemental resistance after detonate. Is that group wide or player specific?

Message 37 of 47 (125 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

quick update we just pug'd scar fortress on gm2 and finished it, 2 people left after 2nd loot chest, 2 people joined and we breezed through final boss.

off topic, i got 7 masterworks as final loot, all of them duplicates of what i already have, even worse, i got duplicate frost grenades within the 7 MW and i already have it lol. i have still never gotten a single legendary.

Message 38 of 47 (114 Views)

★★★★ Novice
yea my group said once people saw the pistol glitch on reddit people are burning through gm2+3s. Not sure if there was a storm but most likely that.
Message 39 of 47 (108 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
u dont have to believe him. he said he has full MW's and 1 legendary at 440 power, u do the math lol he is lying. he is also saying all his gear is like +100%-200% damage inscriptions.the highest i got on any gear is +20% damage and i've looted over 20 MW items and sit around 450-490 gear so maybe they are giving all my good loots to him, or maybe he is just lying some more.
Message 40 of 47 (106 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help