Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Grand Master 2/3

by bohriopraetor

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I finaly got 492 with my storm (full masterwork and 3 legendary) !

But, I, still get OS by almost any mob in GM2 and it take like 10 minuts to down one (with full group)...

@istrafex : Congratulations to you and your team mates to managed to get to the boss !

But I completely agree that it's not very fun for now to play in GM 2 or 3 and it doensn't even have a real interest...

So I realy hope Bioware and EA will do something quick to this game or it's unfortunately going to die very soon...

Message 11 of 47 (271 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'm happy about that, it should be hard when you feel for some challenge other than a farm able mode.
I feel like GM2 is a decent challenging farm while GM3 is when me and my friends wants to be put on a test.
Message 12 of 47 (267 Views)

★★ Guide

@Nekxes wrote:

But, I, still get OS by almost any mob in GM2 and it take like 10 minuts to down one (with full group)...

@istrafex: Congratulations to you and your team mates to managed to get to the boss !

But I completely agree that it's not very fun for now to play in GM 2 or 3 and it doensn't even have a real interest...

So I realy hope Bioware and EA will do something quick to this game or it's unfortunately going to die very soon...

You're exaggerating much or just aren't tellibg the truth.

I'm at 447 now, GM1 is a faceroll and i melee only again as colossus, just like i did in hardmode before... All trashmobs are onehit and elite 2-hit. Armored guys take some more hits, bit die quickly with acid and combos fast too.

GM2 is a little tougher, bit still all trashmobs die in 2 hits, elite in 3-4 with a combo.

GM3 is the real fun.... Did some freeroam to try some things and trashmobs are easy to handle and only take 3-4 combo hits. Only struggle with amored guys because i still lack some weapons with great synergies.... But my equip already works great and i can stack up 400% overall damage +125% elementaldamage and 50% weapon and meleedamage.... And i only have masterworks and 1 legendary item, but good rolls on them.

Message 13 of 47 (240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@MjNaise wrote:

@Nekxes wrote:

@istrafex: Congratulations to you and your team mates to managed to get to the boss !

I'm at 447 now, GM1 is a faceroll and i melee only again as colossus, just like i did in hardmode before... All trashmobs are onehit and elite 2-hit. Armored guys take some more hits, bit die quickly with acid and combos fast too.

GM2 is a little tougher, bit still all trashmobs die in 2 hits, elite in 3-4 with a combo.

GM3 is the real fun.... Did some freeroam to try some things and trashmobs are easy to handle and only take 3-4 combo hits. Only struggle with amored guys because i still lack some weapons with great synergies.... But my equip already works great and i can stack up 400% overall damage +125% elementaldamage and 50% weapon and meleedamage.... And i only have masterworks and 1 legendary item, but good rolls on them.

He is not exaggerating, he is telling the truth, You will not last long on gm2 on 490 power either.

Personally, I cannot believe you are doing GM2 and GM3 on a 443... sorry I just can't. EVERY GM2 game I have played where players were below 490 were constantly dead... CONSTANTLY!! not a single one survived. 

There is barely any footage on youtube of GM2 gameplay and what I saw they were all over 480-500. 

You either have got very lucky with your MW (which I would be suprised since they really dont make much of a difference, legendaries are more crucial) or I just simply can't understand where players like you are when I try doing GM2s.... all of the teams I have joined with the exception of 2 were horrible... so forgive me for not believing you, I would be glad to be proven wrong, please do I would love to learn how you can do this, I am obviously missing something. I am not trolling, I really need to know, I am doing fine on gm2 but the rest of the people  dont seem to, dont get me wrong some players are good but most suck! 

Message 14 of 47 (104 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MjNaise wrote:

He is telling the truth, my have has 4-5 legendary items and it is still pretty weak against mobs. I might be able to 2 shots some mobs with a heavy hand cannot but thats about it, everything else is much harder to kill.

Dont get me wrong, I can do just fine in GM2 but... you will be almost 1 shots by snipers as a 495, when I tried this as a 470 I was one shot... and took over 4-5 shots to kill normal mobs. TRherefore I am finding hard to believe you can do gm2/3 as a 443 only. Despite your gear. 

I am not calling you out, I honestly would like to know and see how you are doing it, most of the teams I join on GM2 that are below 480 will die within a few seconds of starting the event. Doesnt matter how much extra damage you do, hey I have a lot of dmg buffs myself on all my gear and I noticed a huge difference when I started equipping MW and Legendary components, but it is no walk in the park. 

In fact, I have searched for GM2 game play on youtube and only found 1 video... and they were all 480-500. Thats why I dont understand and unfortunately cannot believe that you can do gm2 so easily. 

Like I think I have tried GM2 over 20 times and 15 times out of those my team mates were all dead within 30 of starting it... only 5 times I was able to go past the first and second encounter.

Message 15 of 47 (215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Try playing it with friends instead of randoms and it will be an much smoother experience.

I haven't tried other javelins yet, but as a ranger I'm doing quite okay. I mostly prime and set up enemies for combos but can pack a punch as well. What usually one shots me is snipers but if you're aware when they lock onto you, you can dash out from it to avoid being shot. For strong close combat foes I keep distance and against turret - Chain freeze and take cover when focused.

GM1 is easy farm, GM2 is challenging and GM3 is still a mode where my whole team will be put to an serious test of synergy, but doable. I'm 477 and most of my gear still need to be worked on for optimal build.

Message 16 of 47 (208 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I have 0 friends so I guess thats is for me... 

I will mess up with the other javs and probably move on then

Message 17 of 47 (204 Views)

★ Apprentice
I'd recommend you join the r/AnthemTheGame discord server.
They have nearly 30k members and many of them are dedicated for a good play, maybe you even find a couple you really enjoy playing with and you'll get your own team going!
Message 18 of 47 (200 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Racoonbrew wrote:
I'd recommend you join the r/AnthemTheGame discord server.
They have nearly 30k members and many of them are dedicated for a good play, maybe you even find a couple you really enjoy playing with and you'll get your own team going!

Thanks, I appreciate it, might give it a go, I just dont like talking to people most of the time, must be getting old! lol

Message 19 of 47 (193 Views)

★★ Guide

@bohriopraetor wrote:

@MjNaise wrote:

He is telling the truth, my have has 4-5 legendary items and it is still pretty weak against mobs. I might be able to 2 shots some mobs with a heavy hand cannot but thats about it, everything else is much harder to kill.

Dont get me wrong, I can do just fine in GM2 but... you will be almost 1 shots by snipers as a 495, when I tried this as a 470 I was one shot... and took over 4-5 shots to kill normal mobs. TRherefore I am finding hard to believe you can do gm2/3 as a 443 only. Despite your gear. 

I am not calling you out, I honestly would like to know and see how you are doing it, most of the teams I join on GM2 that are below 480 will die within a few seconds of starting the event. Doesnt matter how much extra damage you do, hey I have a lot of dmg buffs myself on all my gear and I noticed a huge difference when I started equipping MW and Legendary components, but it is no walk in the park. 

In fact, I have searched for GM2 game play on youtube and only found 1 video... and they were all 480-500. Thats why I dont understand and unfortunately cannot believe that you can do gm2 so easily. 

Like I think I have tried GM2 over 20 times and 15 times out of those my team mates were all dead within 30 of starting it... only 5 times I was able to go past the first and second encounter.

Again... it doesn´t matter how high your gearscore is and how many legendaries you have, if none of them have proper stats because RNG didn´t give you good rolls!!!! 

I get very good rolls on everything and running amazingly good synergies between them (like additional explosiondamage on a leap, getting healed for 20% each enemy killed with melee, etc...)

Here is an example of my very first legendary:

wow.jpg

Hitting 2 targets increases your entire damage 20seconds for 35%

+ 25% damage

+ 45% speed

+ 25% gatheringbonus

+ 125% elemental damage

As you can see, the rolls are good and yet not perfect, but they help a lot... especially the elemental damage.

This combined with my other masterworks that increase combodamage and overall damage  and my grenadelauncher (Revenge of the Sentinel), that inflicts acid on third hit, a component that increases overall damage for 20% each time i remove a status effect (can happen every 10 sec) and another one that removes a status effect each time i kill an enemy, let me do ridiculous high combodamage (up to ~500%) if i keep stacking.

On the other hand i have some good defense stats like +25% physical resistence for 5 sec when shield breaks and a lot of other stuff.

Synergies and stat rolls > gearscore + amount of legendaries.

Message 20 of 47 (176 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help