Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Grand Master 2/3

by Nekxes

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Grand Master 2/3

★★★★ Novice

Dis someone manage to finish a GM 2/3 stronghold yet ?

And if yes, how on earth did you manage to do so and with wich gear/team compo ?

PS : This post is NOT about reporting what's wrong with those difficulties (I guess everyone is well aware of their issues and there is enough post about that allready), it's only to know if there is some "strategy" ot bypass to actualy complete something in GM 2/3 so please keep your comments that way !

Message 1 of 47 (883 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grand Master 2/3

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My squad was able to finish GM2 Tyrant mine yesterday. It took us 2.5 hours. Technically doable but not fun. 

1. Colossus (500)

2. Storm (490)

3. Ranger (490)

4. Interceptor (470)

Everything was easy up until the boss. And it wasn't so much "hard" but slow and for the boss no way to clear mobs fast enough with our current damage.

We saw a lot of room for improvement though better combo/element synergy and overall gameplay. I personally didn't do that great and am a bit undergeared.

(NOTE: the mobs 99% everyone but the colossus)

Here's the raw footage if you're curious (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384429659). (Full coms + Rage lol but beyond the complaints you hear us identify where we were messing up).

View in thread

Message 6 of 47 (739 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
they gear up to 470+ if you cant get those level you cant handle the damage

or either be carried by people with 500 gear rating

they can take the damage and go for objectives as much as possible and ignore all the killing part
Message 2 of 47 (872 Views)

★★ Guide

And stack equipment with +ammodrop and +weapondamage

Message 3 of 47 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

How can you gear up to 500 (or even 470+) since the higher actual gear is 47 and that doesn't even include all slots (best support gear is 36) ?

I am at 463 right now (with the most efficient item to reduce dammage taken and up shield and armor) and still get OS by any dammage in GM 2 !

Message 4 of 47 (855 Views)

★ Apprentice

be very lucky and get +75% - 100% armour / shields on your drops, get +200% weapon damage on your drops, etc. the nyou can do it, otherwise you're *.

Message 5 of 47 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

My squad was able to finish GM2 Tyrant mine yesterday. It took us 2.5 hours. Technically doable but not fun. 

1. Colossus (500)

2. Storm (490)

3. Ranger (490)

4. Interceptor (470)

Everything was easy up until the boss. And it wasn't so much "hard" but slow and for the boss no way to clear mobs fast enough with our current damage.

We saw a lot of room for improvement though better combo/element synergy and overall gameplay. I personally didn't do that great and am a bit undergeared.

(NOTE: the mobs 99% everyone but the colossus)

Here's the raw footage if you're curious (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384429659). (Full coms + Rage lol but beyond the complaints you hear us identify where we were messing up).

Message 6 of 47 (740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Nekxes wrote:

How can you gear up to 500 (or even 470+) since the higher actual gear is 47 and that doesn't even include all slots (best support gear is 36) ?

I am at 463 right now (with the most efficient item to reduce dammage taken and up shield and armor) and still get OS by any dammage in GM 2 !

Full Masterwork Javelin = 495

Full Legendary Javelin = 517

So to be 500 you just need a full MW gear and 3 of those legendaries, or since I have never seen support systems above 36

At least 7 Legendaries, 3 MW and 1 Epic

Do not trust those players here saying they are 420 and are doing gm2/3 solo with randoms (and completing GM3..) its just not happening at those levels you need a proper team and proper gear. 

Message 7 of 47 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

A friend and I pugged a GM2 Tyrant Mine, I am a 485 storm, he a 490 ranger, and the other two was a storm and interceptor. It was not that bad but everything was pretty bullet sponge feeling, especially the boss, and there were definitely moments where you just get downed instantly. I am not sure how you are supposed to do GM3. We went into a few and it takes an eternity to kill a legendary enemy and you are downed from almost everything.

Edit: I have not seen or heard of anyone actually completing a GM3 stronghold. No idea if it has been done or is doable for that matter.

Message 8 of 47 (700 Views)

★★ Guide

@istrafex wrote:

1. Colossus (500)

2. Storm (490)

3. Ranger (490)

4. Interceptor (470)

We saw a lot of room for improvement though better combo/element synergy and overall gameplay. I personally didn't do that great and a bit undergeared. (NOTE: everyone but the colossus was getting 1 shot). Here's the raw footage if you're curious (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384429659). (Full coms + Rage lol but beyond the complaints you hear us identify where we were messing up).

One shot by the boss right? Not the mobs? Because that's to be expected. I hope I can find a squad with similar aspirations. At work right now so can't watch the video

Message 9 of 47 (696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crackdownjr wrote:

@istrafex wrote:

1. Colossus (500)

2. Storm (490)

3. Ranger (490)

4. Interceptor (470)

We saw a lot of room for improvement though better combo/element synergy and overall gameplay. I personally didn't do that great and a bit undergeared. (NOTE: everyone but the colossus was getting 1 shot). Here's the raw footage if you're curious (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/384429659). (Full coms + Rage lol but beyond the complaints you hear us identify where we were messing up).

One shot by the boss right? Not the mobs? Because that's to be expected. I hope I can find a squad with similar aspirations. At work right now so can't watch the video

Yes, thanks for catching that! I mean't to reference the mobs.

The boss was an actual one shot, as you said to be expected, but the spiders would hit you down to 1HP and since there were so many it was essentially 1 and done.

Message 10 of 47 (682 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help