Re: Got banned from Madden 23 for absolutely no reason

by masonsamson5517

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Got banned from Madden 23 for absolutely no reason

★★★ Newbie

Yesterday I was playing my normal 4-7 games depending on how I’m feeling or what my friends are doing. I’m a very casual player and was enjoying this years MUT and as of this morning I’m not allowed to get on MUT. I was on Reddit and other sites and it’s saying I’m banned from playing online.

This is extremely unfair and I haven’t played the game in years finally come back to it and get to legend in H2H! I want answers why my account is banned and want to request my money back or my account cause I’m being wrongfully banned from a game I played money in around $300 on MUT. 

Can someone help with this issue, I was enjoying the game and now it’s sour. 

Message 1 of 18 (6,437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi there, @causeativefever3 

We're not able to help with banned accounts through Answers HQ. For more information, as well as instructions for disputing the ban, please see the following article

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (6,387 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @causeativefever3 

We're not able to help with banned accounts through Answers HQ. For more information, as well as instructions for disputing the ban, please see the following article

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 18 (6,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you get it figured out? just got ban tonight, just playing the game.

Message 3 of 18 (6,263 Views)

★★ Novice

Just happened to me right now. The only thing I can think of is I use my PS5 controller on my PC, maybe it's getting picked up as a hack or something

Message 4 of 18 (6,204 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So what are people doing about these bans for no reason I got banned after 1 game online. I think we should all call our banks and claim fraud for these bans. I think our banks will get there attention for these bans without an explanation. 

Message 5 of 18 (5,582 Views)

★★ Novice

I FEEL TARGETTED BY EA @EA_Aljo 

They sanctioned me on 11/13 for supposed coin distribution. I appealed to help.ea.com. Today I get banned permanently and got a reply back tonight from EA that it was confirmed my account was involved in coin distribution. This is all completely FALSE. I have been buying $100's dollars of packs from the store completely by the book all season. The only thing I have been doing is completing Team Diamond sets, using the token on John Elway, and selling the player to recoup the coin for the next set.

Dozens of people are starting to post on the different forums and on youtube about other players getting banned in the same situation related to buying players in the auction house to complete team diamond sets. this is a complete sham EA!! I've bought over $200 in packs just this week.

This is in no way against ANY of EA's rules or policies.

The only thing I am guilty of is buying 37 cards at a time from the auction house to complete a Team Diamond Set. I am only buying cards from the auction house using the Madden 23 game and that is it. Some of those gold cards are extremely overpriced because there are not enough cards in the game to complete these sets. Ans EA knows this is happening. NO APPS, NO BOTS, NO buying or selling of coins whatsoever.

I found it extremely coincidental that after the sanction on 11/13 twice while playing H2H games I had TWO different players message me, specifically asking me about coin glitches, coin hacks, and coin distribution. After YEARS of playing Madden, the ONLY messages I ever get from other players are them telling me I s*ck when they're losing. This is HIGHLY suspicious.

I told both of those players I only buy packs. Within an hour of these TWO players messaging me, I was prompted multiple times to verify I'm a real person and to solve the verification puzzle that I completed successfully each time.

Without the auction house, the game is practically useless for the rest of the season. But yet they do absolutely NOTHING to stop others from pause glitching, broke glitch plays, or any other glitch in the game, not to mention when Season 2 came out seasons were completely broken for over a week and did not record any progress, no coin for playing games, and no rewards.

I reached out to EA on Twitter and Facebook and got told too bad.

Message 6 of 18 (5,319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. It’s ridiculous that nobody is looking at user’s accounts, we just get automated replies saying they are sticking to their decision. 
I haven’t done anything wrong. I’ve never bought/sold coins, I’ve never used the companion app, and I don’t farm coins/cards from another account. 
I started doing the Team Diamond sets, but decided to not finish since it was so tedious and some cards were so rare and expensive. I then began to sell all the cards that went in the Team Diamond sets, and that’s when I got falsely accused of coin distribution. They coin swiped me of 9.5 million coins. Then, I decided to keep playing because I had enough items in my binder to sell and build my coins back up. About two weeks later I was falsely accused again, coin swiped, and permanently banned. This time they wiped about 5 million coins. 
I have contacted EA Help multiple times and nothing has been done. If they would actually look at my account, they would see that I’ve done nothing wrong. I’m 100% positive that I was falsely accused. I called EA help and they just redirected me to EA Help, which responded back with their usual automated reply. I even created a Twitter account to try to speak to someone there, but they also direct you to EA Help.  They run you in a circle and nobody is actually looking at people’s accounts. 
I don’t see why they haven’t addressed this issue. This is a poor way to treat your customers. Customers who have spent time and money on your game and you just falsely accuse them of coin distribution just because a “bot” flags their account. 
It’s going on two weeks since I’ve been banned and I’ve exhausted every avenue to try to get my account unbanned. I have played Madden since it first come out on the Sega Genesis. I have been a loyal customer of this game, but after this I will never purchase any game from Electronic Arts. I have also told a lot of my friends about this and have steered them away of buying this game. 
The community really needs to stand up and stop buying this game if this is how they are going to treat their customers/community. Their greed will be their demise. 

Message 7 of 18 (5,268 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@morningwoodsman wrote:

The community really needs to stand up and stop buying this game if this is how they are going to treat their customers/community. Their greed will be their demise. 

If this were about greed, we wouldn't ban anyone so they could keep playing. Bans are issued when an account is in violation of the Terms of Service. If you haven't disputed the ban 3 times yet, you're welcome to have ToS perform another investigation.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 18 (5,258 Views)

★ Novice

Still takes weeks and weeks missing out on the different promotions and time to grind. It’s infuriating that everyday I’m refreshing my email waiting and the player I suspect spam reported me messages me harassing me 

Message 9 of 18 (5,002 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA is an absolute Joke... I got banned for no reason, got an E-Mail 1 week after where it is written that "my ban was not justified" and I'm not banned anymore.... So I tried to log back in, but I'm still banned, got like 5 cases, but nobody could tell me why I'm banned or why I'm not unbanned. I will never ever buy an EA game again.

Message 10 of 18 (3,769 Views)