Got banned for nothing

by klavyeadam

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Got banned for nothing

★★★★ Novice

Hi there, yesterday I subscribed Origin Access, today I got banned for nothing. No mail for ban reason at all. Nothing! Twitter support says I got permanent banned and can't give more info. Have to contact ToS and wait. People say they answer 72 hours at best. I didn't cheat or talked trash. I don't even know why I got perma banned. Do I really have to wait for days to learn even the reason? I also saw anothet guy at Origin General Discussion with the same problem. Can anyone make any explanation?

Message 1 of 22 (2,959 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Got banned for nothing

Community Manager

In relation to your issue @klavyeadam, please speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 22 (3,135 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I expect you on pc.

Probably have altered game files beyond what is allowed?   Or you are running another program with EAC has flagged as cheatware, regardless if true or not.

Message 2 of 22 (2,939 Views)

★★★ Guide
Bans are always given for a reason.
And don't worry about profanity chat/voice communications those are usually punished by suspensions.

So you must have done something against the term of use , code of conduct. They don't just randomly ban players for no reason.
Maybe you got interested by the various posts about wallhackers and other hacks that you decided to take look at it yourself?
But now end up regretting it for getting banned on your account you had some progression on and don't feel like redoing it all over again? Who knows, point is you did something, try to think really hard what that thing might be and you'll have your answer.
Message 3 of 22 (2,937 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I literally do nothing but clicking Apex logo and play. Didn't even open Origin file location once. I don't even do anything else since I started playing Apex. I've got some softwares starts with startup. Steam, wallpaper engine, epic games, pubg mobile thing, creative cloud. That's it. And they were there all along since I started game for more than 10 days. I can't even make a guess for what EAC might take wrong. I can understand misunderstanding and mistakes. But it is super annoying to not receive a mail for the ban reason. Even though I contacted them via Twitter they said they can't give more info. Just why not!? Tell me why I am banned for, right?
Message 4 of 22 (2,934 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Dude I looked at posted for bans and you said something similar to someone else. What is your problem? See the other guy says something that makes sense. (EAC might've taken some other software as cheat). Why you are just throwing blames on random guys at a random forum? Why would I EVEN TRY to recover my account If I really used hacks. I am saying THEY DONT EVEN POINT A REASON FOR THE BAN.
Message 5 of 22 (2,932 Views)

★★★ Guide
@klavyeadam I do agree on the fact that should provide you all the details to justify their decision to ban you.

And Twitter Support is probably incapable of giving you the details due to corporate bureaucracy, they probably don't have any access to the data or the privacy law forbids them to provide any without the proper verification.

You might want to try and call EA support for a more direct answer, But I'm uncertain this will resolve your issue.
Message 6 of 22 (2,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

No one ever gets false banned. Nope. 

Your post is a joke Marten. The cheat detections aren't perfect and give false positives all the time. I got banned Friday night for no reason at all. No hacking  exploiting, or abusing bugs. I assume my LGS was being detected for some reason as that's the only possible program in the background that could have caused it. Maybe LGS is against tos and I deserve it  but people do get banned for nothing often. While many hackers do pull the "I wasn't cheating" card, people are sometimes innocent  

Message 7 of 22 (2,913 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xSkoad 

Don’t know about pc but your general comment is false I have been false banned twice on Xbox live and both times I recieved an apology and a free year of live so it does happen just throwing that out there

Message 8 of 22 (2,910 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xSkoad 

Also ninja has gotten people falsely banned on fortnite so it happens on pc to just because you are not good enough for it to happen to you doesn’t mean it has never happy

Message 9 of 22 (2,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I was saying you CAN be falsely banned. Literally said it happened to me as well. You must have only read the first line of my post which was clearly sarcasm if you had read the rest.
Message 10 of 22 (2,903 Views)