Re: Got Abandoned Penalty for leaving because no other legends in my squad. :/

by MandatoryIDtag

Original Post

Got Abandoned Penalty for leaving because no other legends in my squad. :/

★★ Novice

I got abandoned penalty for canceling ranked match because 2 more legends didn't appear and it was only me.

Ok so, should I fight alone in ranked match and lose my points? I did'nt abandoned the match, but the match abandoned me. And I got penalty this is a terrible *.

Message 1 of 8 (1,616 Views)

Champion

Would you not have received loss forgiveness in that scenario?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (1,607 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

If I end up into that situation I just kill myself, you'll receive nothing for dying.

Message 3 of 8 (1,569 Views)

★★ Novice
@MandatoryIDtag They didn't give me this time.
it happens sometimes and it's frustrating.
Message 4 of 8 (1,530 Views)

★★ Novice
@QuackMinotaur81 I know right, but my K/D ratio :/
Message 5 of 8 (1,529 Views)

★★ Expert

@MandatoryIDtag Fun fact!

As noted here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-3-details

You only get ONE loss forgiveness match a day. If you exceed said one a day, 3 times in a single series, (MEANING 3 times extraneous circumstances beyond your control AKA teammates leaving early / not connecting screw you over in a ranked match) YOU LOSE LOSS FORGIVENESS ALTOGETHER! Fun isn't it? 

"We will be limiting the RP loss forgiveness when you leave to once per day. If you exceed once per day more than three times per ranked series, you lose all forgiveness for the remainder of that series. Once these limits are reached players will no longer receive RP loss forgiveness when abandoning a match, regardless of the reason for quitting. "

As noted here: https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/news/ranked-series-4-details

"The first time in a Ranked Series a player gets an unexpected quit that might be considered an abandon (e.g. your Internet went out, etc), we give you loss forgiveness.

The second time onwards an unexpected quit occurs, we ask: has the player had an unexpected quit that might be considered an abandon in the past 24 hours?" If not, free loss forgiveness is granted. If the answer is yes however, we give loss forgiveness, but count that as a "used forgiveness abandon".

A player is limited to 3 used forgiveness abandons in a Series. Once the limit is used, all further unexpected quits that might be considered an abandon are treated as an abandon and penalized appropriately (Zeroed out RP gain, RP penalty, matchmaking penalty time). This also means we disregard the free abandon every 24 hour period mentioned above."

So essentially you're being punished for leaving unfavorable circumstances that were beyond your control. If you read the series 4 post, they've listed a few example scenarios of people disconnecting / not connecting, and how loss forgiveness would be applied in those situations. Of the 3 scenarios posted, 2 of them punish you for leaving despite your teammates not being connected. In all 3 scenarios, someone is punished however. 

A brief rundown of the 3 scenarios: 

1. You're a duo, your duo's partner's internet goes down and they're disconnected, if you leave at any point before dying you're punished.

2. You're a duo, your duo's partner's internet goes down and they're disconnected, if your third squad mate leaves they're punished with an abandon and you're not if you leave immediately after.

3. You load into a match and you have no squadmates. You're punished if you leave before you drop. If you leave after you drop, you're not punished. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,483 Views)

Champion

@pastaclown  Ahhh yeah forgot about the 3 limit!

I gave up on ranked back in s3 as I refuse to play a game with such crap audio and netcode competitively.

I enjoy apex but I ain't gonna grind out ranks until these things are improved, so probably never. XD

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 8 (1,474 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same here, ea is a tumor that ruins great developers

Message 8 of 8 (1,307 Views)