Re: Gosh darn it, the Spitfire is fantastic.

by Sir_Named

Original Post

Gosh darn it, the Spitfire is fantastic.

★★ Expert

Just played a round with the spitfire and wingman. Absolutely popped off. I didn’t get stuff like the 20 bomb, on account of not encountering enough people, but I did fantastic. I was in a duo since the 3rd member DC’d.

I’d just go down to someone and just lay into them with the spitfire. Since it had such a big mag, I could just hip fire continuously, and they’d panic and try to escape. 
Also found another aspect to wingman power level: Helmets. Helmets reduce headshot damage by a ton, even if you have Skullpiercer. I headshot a person for like 78 damage, with skullpiercer, which surprised me.

The gold body shield is pretty good, came in clutch in the last fight. 

Warning: Long and confusing story of my final fight.

Basically, final fight, I had great gear, (including gold body shield), but I just respawned my other teammate and was in the process of running from the enemy squad. I teleport to a higher cliff, and watch the final squad sprint their way over. I take a few shots with the Wingman, including said 78 damage shot, but ultimately retreat off the high ground because they did too much damage when I peeked. Once I get to the ground, I pop a shield cell, and hear a Loba teleport. I finish the cell just in time for the Loba to come around. She tries to climb a medium sized rock, but I deal a lot of damage with my Spitfire and get her down to probably 50 health. She hops down and goes out of my sight. I head over to the rock and use it as cover while I pop another shield cell, and I have to cancel it to beam down another enemy. (I don’t remember who it was, and they didn’t use their abilities either. I think a mirage?)I knocked them, then teleported over to a high ground behind them to heal up. I heal, and my teammate tries to do some stuff, which gets them knocked. But before they are finished, I peek out and deal a lot of damage to someone attempting to revive the previous guy, but I didn’t do enough to knock them. I took some damage, so I hid to pop another shield cell, when the Loba runs up. I finish in time to start spraying her, and I barely knock her down. I heal up, then peek around to see if the other teammates are anywhere nearby. I didn’t see anyone, so I finished the Loba. I look around some more, and then decided to make the risky move and pick up my teammate. I move back to my first high ground, which looked like it was in the zone, while my teammate loots. I wait for a good 30 seconds and have to hop down, but then I see the other team trying to pick up the banner or something, and I just gatekeep them from entering the zone. 
Kind of confusing, but it was CLUTCH. 

Message 1 of 14 (525 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Sir_Named yep, the spitfire is my goto and I like to have an lstar or havoc as a second, both with a 3 hcog if poss.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 2 of 14 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Sir_Named Been changing from the flatline to the spitfire and doing reasonably well with it.
Message 3 of 14 (498 Views)

@apostolateofDOOM Muzzle flash kills me every time. I think I need to adjust my 2x ADS setting so I can use 2x HCOG more effectively in CQC.

I’m weird with guns. I prefer the 1x-2x of the 2x HCOG. But unless you have a gold barrel mod the muzzle flash is horrid on the spitfire in 1x.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 14 (471 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Really? I don't notice the muzzle flash.

Spitfire ironsights SUCK though. They are truly terrible.
Message 5 of 14 (453 Views)

@Sir_Named Could be the iron sights, I’m horrible about skipping them.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 14 (426 Views)

★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex Yeah, the iron sights are very bad.
Message 7 of 14 (423 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Sir_Named It really sucks... and I’m not just talking about the iron sights. That weapon sucks! The actual kickback animation of that gun throws me off so much... i full on shoot ADS’d and due to the gun pushing back I try to control it which makes me lose the target or miss him with the iron sights.

Now with sights or scopes this gun becomes practical for me. I hate the slow fire, but if ppl aren’t expecting you, it’s a gun you want to run because you can just mow them over. Especially if you know the strength of this gun: hipfire accuracy.

Hipfire accuracy of this gun can’t be this high on a gun with such a large magazine and damage per hit. I think I use this gun more in hipfire than ADS and not even to battle multiple ppl but figurative-literally to mow ppl over.

I even learned through sheer luck that you can use it as a semi-auto sniper... (maybe I’ll upload that vid later)
Message 8 of 14 (403 Views)

★★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Hmm, is hipfire really that accurate? The more you know...
The kickback animation? I think I know what you mean, but that's an odd thing to be put off about. Not my place to judge though.

Am writing a very unrelated post about morality that I will likely post soon.
Message 9 of 14 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@DarthValtrexI always run it with the 2x HCOG and don't have any noticeable muzzle flash issues with it.

Message 10 of 14 (380 Views)