by DanielHsn

Original Post

Re: Gore

★★★★ Novice
Yes, yes I do
Message 11 of 19 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I want to have an option to turn it off as well. It's so annoying not being able to see when spraying someone down on top of muzzle flash which is already hard enough as it is, having iron sights makes this 20x worse I lose sight of people too quickly. I even have effects turned down all the way and it gets in the way of gameplay sometimes imo.

Message 12 of 19 (702 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
What about all the people that are over 18 (me and most of the people in this thread i'm guessing) it still gets in the way of game play, not being able to see people whilst spraying them down due to a blood pile accumulating. I honestly don't care if there is blood or not just as long as there is an option to turn it down at least.
Message 13 of 19 (701 Views)

★ Guide
I think the option to switch the (what little) gore there is off isn't a bad idea.

It doesn't hurt those who WANT gore, as they can keep it on. And those with strict parents, or parents who want to disable it for now, can do so. Win win.

Personally idc because I'm a grown up with big boy pants.
Message 14 of 19 (699 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Most source game let you disable blood with some commands, since there's no console command, you can try setting the commands on the launch options

-Open origin

-right click apex legends

-Game properties

-Advanced initializing options

-on the command line arguments type

+violence_ablood 0 +violence_agibs 0 +violence_hblood 0 +violence_hgibs 0

-open the game and try to shoot someone (it can be bloodhound in the training)

I dunno if this works, but you can try

if not you can just erase the comand line

Message 15 of 19 (685 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just tested it, those source launch commands don't work.

Also, my whole reaction to this thread was "Wait, there's blood/gore?" I took the suggestion of shooting bloodhound in training, and it's barely noticeable at range, and only slightly noticeable when you're up close.

The gore level in apex is fine, no body parts are exploding and flying around.

Like someone else said, you want all the violence without the consequences.
Message 16 of 19 (674 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This always cracks me up. Why let your kids play these types of games if a tiny little blood bothers you. Apex Legends is in the less gory end of most modern shooter games, and there is almost no gore besides a bit a blood. If anything I feel like that desensitizes people more (though don't think there is any real proof video games desensitize people), as it makes it like there isn't any consequences for shooting someone. 

Not saying anything is wrong with having an option to turn it off, just find some peoples views on the matter hilarious 

Message 17 of 19 (651 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m not effected by blood at all. It’s just as I said, strict parents. 

Message 18 of 19 (639 Views)

★ Apprentice
@boolboo nailed it...... lol
Message 19 of 19 (615 Views)