Re: Goodbye to Apex Legends

by DarthValtrex

Original Post

Goodbye to Apex Legends

★ Novice

This is my goodbye to Apex until this horrendous SBMM is fixed. 

There is a myriad of posts discussing how it is affecting the game negatively, so I wont go into any more detail than this: let us play with our friends of different skill levels without the lower skilled players just absolutely getting destroyed because they were put into a lobby absolutely full of players at the skill level of the highest skilled player in their trio. You want the game to keep growing and to keep your avid fanbase?  Then get SBMM out of PlayApex mode. I have tried to show 6 of my friends this game, and each and every one of them has had the same experience; they join, want to play together, cant play together because my lobbies are full of people who just wreck them in less than a second, and then they quit the game completely. Statistics have shown time and time again that the best method toward player retention in any game is to have players play with their friends. And more and more of my friends keep leaving Apex because people they want to play with are at different skill levels. And now I'm joining them, because the game deserves to lose players until this is fixed.

I have put hundreds if not thousands of hours into this game, having played it on my main account since day one. More and more of this game's avid fanbase have been leaving over this last year experiencing the same problems. But who cares about your avid fanbase when you can get newbies to join the game right? Except that without your avid fanbase your game will die, and the newbies won't come. 

I know the developers say "there's always been SBMM." Fine, then put it back to how it was pre-season 3. 

Message 1 of 2 (326 Views)

Re: Goodbye to Apex Legends

[ Edited ]

@SkrobleStinkI sort of understand it. I have played with people who are both higher and lower skill than me.

i think if you're in the middle of the road in terms of skill it's not nearly as big of a deal. But if you have a predator trying to play with a new comer, it's definitely difficult for all involved. When you're in the middle of the road in terms of skill you can contribute in the top tier lobbies but you'll need teammates who can carry most fights. You just support the fight. 

I think a happy medium would be a mixed skill lobby. If you have a top tier player with a low tier player, put them into a lobby of other mixed squads. I think they do this already though. When I'm having a good week I end up in the lobbies with a ton of predator trails and diamond trails. If I then game with a new comer or lower skill friend, we end up in lobbies that seem to be a mix. They tend to only have 1-5 pred/diamond trails. 

The only issue I see with there are a ton of people who will exploit that to get easy matches and pub stomp. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)