Goodbye Apex

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Re: Goodbye Apex

@hayhor I'll try that thank you, but I dont use a mic so it can be difficult to judge.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 11 of 21 (582 Views)

Champion
@OldTreeCreeper Not having a mic will make it difficult but I can tell you I have added a person or two that do not use them but pinged well.
Message 12 of 21 (556 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well, that's too bad, you were a fun poster @EdwardDLuffy 

I understand.

I played 4 games tonight so far, and I LEFT ALL 4 EARLY.

It's how the game is, if you aren't willing to leave, you are going to needlessly suffer.  If you like Apex, to keep yourself sane, you need to be willing to dump team mates, dump games, dump them early, even before you land, or right after you get the achievements.  This is Apex, as it stands, right now.

Eventually, you get some very good games.  But if you are sitting around waiting for revives when you know they aren't going to happen, trying to play games when 2 of your team mates left, you're just clearly not playing this game smart anymore.  Apex is sort of a bic pen game, it's disposable, you have to look at it that way.  Don't spend hard earned cash on this game, that would be a mistake.  Don't get that attached to it, it is a freemium trash business model even if the lore and the idea are great.

Sort of like picking up a game at a thrift store...it's a lot of fun, but you can't expect the development to be A tier.  It's not.

Try some other games for sure.  I leave Apex often and come back to it...and I mean aside from leaving games.  Sometimes I get a run of good games.  Other nights, this game is a $2 painted dove.

Message 13 of 21 (513 Views)

@KelRiever I just can't bring myself to leave a match, after disconnects, etc. My secondary target is to get to top 3. I refuse to let any eejet dictate that I should leave a game cause of their action/inaction.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png
Please note:
I am a Community Volunteer.
I do not work for EA.
My views are my own.
Message 14 of 21 (484 Views)

★★★ Expert

Well you are a better person than I!

for me it is just a matter of practicality based on how the game is right now. Keeps me playing.

Message 15 of 21 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@OldTreeCreeperI do the same. If I drop in and lose teammates, I go for a top 3 and see if I can steal a win. lol I almost did it a few times. It's a mild consolation.

Overall, the problem with Apex (and really any game that is only BR) is there is nothing to roll off to in game. There are no alternate modes to BR or single player campaign. It's not part of a bigger TitanFall game like Warzone is part of Modern Warfare. So you have no real choice but to log out if the BR experience is wearing on you.

Speaking of TitanFall, TitanFall 2 essentially serves as the greater TitanFall game for Apex. The same weapons are common in both with few exceptions, so you don't lose practice with them. The pilots have many of the Legend Tactical abilities. There's a single player and variety of online modes and the community is still very healthy.  Maybe play TitanFall 2 for a week or so and come back to Apex in Season 6.

Message 16 of 21 (422 Views)

Champion
@KelRiever You are part of the issue. I'll never leave a match if I can be revived or there is a chance of respawn.
Message 17 of 21 (418 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor This is nothing new really. I took Season 1 off, but came back in Season 2 and regularly had people quitting or hot dropping away from the squad and disconnecting after getting immediately knocked. At that point, I shift to doing something I need for a challenge or Battle Pass rank.

It's an inherent "problem" of BR and really shooters in general. People quit out of any type of game mode for various reasons. It just has a bigger impact on a game mode like BR.
Message 18 of 21 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EdwardDLuffy 

This all I can add to my list 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Pre-Stacked-SBMM-3rd-Partying/m-p/9371944#M99458

I will quit Apex too like most of the guys in my origin friendslist!

There are so many reddit posts about the current situation but it seems respawn is just interested MONEY with adding new overpriced skins!

Message 19 of 21 (368 Views)

★★★ Expert

@hayhor I might be, but I'm playing Apex and having fun.  I'm not quitting the game.

I did leave another 6 matches in a row for starters tonight.  But after that, the next 4 games were a lot of fun, got revived, revived others myself.  Good times.

You have to play the game as it is, not try to make it something else, imo.

Message 20 of 21 (316 Views)