Re: Golden Knockdown Shield

by DoYaSeeMe

Original Post

★★ Pro

It's an object which allows you to revive yourself after your entire team have been defeated once already - it doesn't need a buff.  It's for those rare instances where you can crawl off under a building while the original attackers get 3rd partied.

Other than that - it SHOULD be useless.

Message 11 of 34 (488 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Anlbrd wrote:

It's an object which allows you to revive yourself after your entire team have been defeated once already - it doesn't need a buff.  It's for those rare instances where you can crawl off under a building while the original attackers get 3rd partied.

Other than that - it SHOULD be useless.

That's great design. Useless items in game. Easy to balance am I right? 

Message 12 of 34 (479 Views)

★★ Pro
@full951 It's a last-ditch attempt at not being eliminated when your entire team was already beaten. You guys are talking as though as soon as you get one you've got a guaranteed get out of jail free card for when you legitimately lose :P

So yeah - something that's HARD to get good usage out of because when it does come off it's a massive benefit is good design.
Message 13 of 34 (477 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Anlbrd Those other guys want it to be a get out of jail free card. I just want it to be usable in more than one situation
Message 14 of 34 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@full951How though, specifically? Making the charge time shorter makes it OP, making it silent makes it OP. Making it a full globe shield instead of a directional thing might work, but it doesn't make it more useful for the ressing.

The whole item is bound to how quickly you can crawl as well, which isn't fast.  It shouldnt buff the crawl speed so the utility of it starts and ends with how thirsty your killer was.

From where I'm standing apex is the most forgiving version of Last Man Standing.  When you get killed, you're knocked not dead.  When you're dead, you can be revived- unlimited number of times provided the map keeps giving respawn points.  Then there's an item which when you're downed if you can get away on the sly - you can revive yourself.

Why would you want there to be more than that? lol.  We wouldn't be able to finish games.

Message 15 of 34 (456 Views)

★★★ Expert

Gold "please thirst me a.s.a.p." not really revive shield.

Buff please.

Message 16 of 34 (449 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

Well, maybe having the gold knockdown shield should make the owner consider the right approach. Become a sniper, keep some distance from your teammates,  join fights early, when there are more teams and the area has many hideouts (such as cascades, wetlands, swamps). The shield is not good just for reviving, it also takes a lot of damage, forcing the enemies to reload and retreat if they go out of ammo, or persuading them to do finishers, increasing the chance to have them ambushed by your teammates or a third party.

It would be useful to let your teammates know if you pick it up, "Whooa, I have the self revive shield, I'm invincible!".

Message 17 of 34 (431 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@Anlbrd wrote:

@full951How though, specifically? Making the charge time shorter makes it OP, making it silent makes it OP. Making it a full globe shield instead of a directional thing might work, but it doesn't make it more useful for the ressing.

The whole item is bound to how quickly you can crawl as well, which isn't fast.  It shouldnt buff the crawl speed so the utility of it starts and ends with how thirsty your killer was.

From where I'm standing apex is the most forgiving version of Last Man Standing.  When you get killed, you're knocked not dead.  When you're dead, you can be revived- unlimited number of times provided the map keeps giving respawn points.  Then there's an item which when you're downed if you can get away on the sly - you can revive yourself.

Why would you want there to be more than that? lol.  We wouldn't be able to finish games.

I'm with you on this. It's a one time, one use, in the right scenario/position

I've managed to use it once or twice, but when you do have it, it should not be a guarantee revive. It certainly does NOT need to be faster, or a different colour.

People face tank way to much. When you have gold shield, keep your distance.

It needs no changes imo. If people don't like it, don't pick it up lol. Easy.

Message 18 of 34 (426 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@plivx Gold shield is pretty much useless, if anyone's looking you basically have no knockdown shield as who wants to show off the fact they can self revive, don't think I would change anything though, it is a chance albeit little to get back into the game.
Message 19 of 34 (424 Views)

Community Manager

@Wingmannedbro wrote:

Gold "please thirst me a.s.a.p." not really revive shield.

Buff please.

Make sure you remember you have that legendary shield to avoid alerting the enemy you're about to revive yourself. Otherwise, the moment you show off that shield they immediately zone in on you like.....

Blueberry.png
Message 20 of 34 (409 Views)