Re: Golden Knockdown Shield

by Huntinwabits

Original Post

Golden Knockdown Shield

★★★ Apprentice

Hello everyone,

Is there any possibility to buff that 30% usefull Item?

Like maybe put more health or less time to use,because generally it's useless like around 60-80%.

It really get's usefull when a couple of squads attack but that's it.

The time to use is really too long and even you are restarting the game with like 20-30hp or something just like a revive.

I know it's because of the revive etc but still it's kinda useless ATM and would bring more aggressivity in the game.

But yeah feel free to give your opinion about it.

Cheers

Message 1 of 34 (1,679 Views)

★ Pro
@plivx I think its fine, your already getting a buff with self revive imo.
Message 2 of 34 (1,651 Views)

★ Pro
@plivx I think its fine, your already getting a huge buff with reviving yourself imo.
Message 3 of 34 (1,650 Views)

★ Pro

I kinda agree, they're kinda useless and once you see a gold shield activated, im finishing you asap anyway. 

Message 4 of 34 (1,619 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

do i even show my golden shield? or will they show mercy? I guess knockdown shields could be more rounded, so you can only get shot from the back. I don't think they should cover you like a complete dome, because 1. you don't want to be shot through a shield everytime. 2. you don't want to have to shoot through a shield everytime if you desperately need meds or a body shield.

But at least they're more responsive and work against punches now Angel

Message 5 of 34 (1,601 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I find it to not be worth picking up. It takes a rather specific scenario where you can pull off that long revive, get away, heal, then come back and pick up your teammates banners after the other sqaud took all of your teammates good stuff and survive. Let alone if they have a bloodhound.

Maybe if it let you crawl twice as fast and the revive time was half as long it might be a viable lick up but the fact is, if you have to use it to keep from being thirsted, you are 100% gonna get Thirsted the second anyone sees that yellow shield 

Message 6 of 34 (1,584 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@full951 ikr that's my point, why even put it in the game if there's no actual time to get fast revived you know.
Message 7 of 34 (1,572 Views)

I think it's not the revive time but the health % you have when you get up.
Maybe just make it give 75-100 HP on revive so you have a chance to shield back up or try to clutch the fight.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 34 (1,565 Views)

★★ Guide
@plivx +1 I think the revive time for the Legendary Shield should be the same as a normal player revive - not slower, not faster.
Message 9 of 34 (1,526 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It needs a buff! But all the knockdown shields need a total rework.

My thoughts.

Disguise it when in use as a blue or purple knock down. That way you don't get instantly thirsted when people see it's yellow. You basically have zero protection with the thing on so you're instantly dead if a guy chooses to eliminate you. You can't waste his time by flaring it up. He sees yellow you're now a threat to his team and even better he can get it for himself. Now if you toss up a blue or a purple often people will leave you to fight others.

Give it a teleport option so you can reposition to revive yourself. Nothing OP just something so you can hide more efficiently to use it.

Reduce the sound it makes while reviving by 50% It absolutely needs to be more stealthy.

Message 10 of 34 (1,513 Views)