Gold

by EdwardDLuffy

Original Post

Gold

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

I'm not much for ranked but have been giving it a go since Christmas day and last night via my final game reached Gold. It amazes me how so many poor players make it to silver. I was 3 points from Gold when my team landed in Fragment (of course) - the Loba shutdown her ult while I was using it then LL punched me twice for absolutely no reason. I just ran off to Epicenter to hide. They were both soon dead (the LL managed 17 damage) but I made zero effort to get their banners. The Loba had a mic and sad 'WTF?" so I just said "Next time play like a ****ing squad" and muted her. I tried to hang on for the points but I heard someone enter the building I was under. I went in - it of course was a Caustic. I managed to knock him but he'd put down traps so I couldn't finish him, then a squaddie turned up and killed me.

So now I need 15 points. As the next game started I said "Sorry to be a pain but I only need 15 points to get to gold so can we loot before we engage then wait until it's down to ten squads?". Of course I was ignored and the BH pinged the open building of death in Fragment. I immediately broke off and landed at the edge of the map. I was alone and the ring was nice to me (my TMs died instantly of course). Someone spotted me with 17 squads remaining but I managed to escape, only being shot once and they didn't come after me. After 12 minutes of hiding I couldn't resist a bit of sniping. By then there were only 4 squads left so I got the points before being eaten alive by a full squad. GOLD!

Had some really good games yesterday with some really good players, and five wins.

Plus made it to 3,000 kils with Revenant.

Also found this great little sniping spot where you can have a sit down and a nice glass of red while looking for skinbags ...

3ae78f34-d1ea-499b-8151-47e145845797.jpg

Message 1 of 15 (472 Views)

Re: Gold

★★★★★ Expert
@EdwardDLuffy Gratz :D

That spot it too open. If you’re confident you should land on the billboard!
Message 2 of 15 (460 Views)

[ Edited ]

@EdwardDLuffyI agree that the ranked system does not function. I'm in Gold 1 and should be in platinum but have been solo queuing it.

I would estimate that 90% of the people I get matched with do not belong in Gold. I had a LL who had a gold back pack, she would NOT revive down teammates mid fight, despite me telling her reivive revive revive. No rev around so that was not the issue. More than half the rounds I'm in the people have a hard time breaking 100 damage.

I have had dozens of teammates drop to Trials. when I ask why.. "it's slow" yeah because the loot is horrendous and you're good as dead as soon as you leave (if you don't get killed by those who drop to sky hook first).

I want to see them completely eliminate placement points and replace it with a multiplier that multiplies your kills RP. with a maximum RP of 225 still. This will weed out all of the campers who avoid conflict to make it to positive RP. If you win a match with 0 kills you get 0 RP.

But it will fix ranked. At the very least I'd like to see them slash placement RP by about 70% and boost what you can get from kills/assists.

Silver is not hard at all, I solo queued through it in about 48 hours gaining something like 1300RP in a 24 hour period.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 15 (457 Views)

★ Expert
@Koochi-Q Yeah but red wine and sitting down are two of my favourite things Standard smile
Message 4 of 15 (450 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex Remove placement points in a game where winning the match is the goal? Come on man. No what they need to do is simply remove the cap on kills and assists and make it more difficult to move through levels. Last split I went to platinum from low silver in 5 days without even trying. Also remove the downgrade protection below plat 3.
Message 5 of 15 (442 Views)

@hayhor Did you solo queue it? Try solo queuing form silver to platinum. You'll see what I mean. There are hundreds of people in the gold/platinum lobbies that do not belong there. They camped there way up to it.

90-95% of my teammates tonight belong in silver lobbies. They can't use legend abilities. They can't rotate a map. They spend to much time looting that forces us to deal with the storm then try and fight the people camping the edge of the ring as we stumble out damaged from the storm..

Final two squads are fighting, I want to third party it.. Nooo they want to sit there and watch, let them heal up.

Placement multiplier would work wonderfully. It's a Battle Royal game.. If you get 3 kills and 2 assists and win the match then get a 3x multiplier on your kill RP. I understand the object is to win, but it's also to eliminate your opponents, not just hide in a corner while other people do the fighting. I'm not saying you have to push everything you see and hear, but at the very least you should be able to stand a chance at winning the fights you get into. The people I was getting matched with the last 48 hours stood no chance.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 15 (431 Views)

★ Expert
@DarthValtrex There's a lot of really bad gold players out there. I would be surprised if it wasn't for the fact ranked system is just so bad that bad players are able to climb pass silver. I usually get gold players that have no idea when to push and how. The usual experience I have is that we get into a fight>I knock one of the enemy down> drop my ult and push and my teammates would just be waiting for some miracle to happen instead of pushing another experience are those that are so afraid to commit to a fight that they will run away even though your team was winning usually leaving me to 1 v 3.
Message 7 of 15 (416 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@DarthValtrex <— I’m with this guy on this one. Do something like 10 kills is max (cause realistically, who gets 10 kills on a regular (like 1 in 5-10 games) except for highly skilled ppl and even then when going rank up it becomes more difficult) and with 10 kills and top placement you get the max RP. Do this up until diamond.

In diamond ppl know how to play, there you can do the current grading method. This way ppl who are actually gold ppl will stay in gold as they will get stomped by aggressive or eager-2-advance plats and highers and will likely only maybe get killing RP which they’ll lose as soon as they see other ppl cause they don’t wanna develop skillz except roasting s’mores.

Plat lvl players might make it to diamond but if they know whats good for them they wont do it as soon as they see what diamonders can do!

This hybrid model will def work!

@Daze623... in silver & gold the ppl I got bunched up with didn’t hotdrop, didn’t go to 1-other-team places but actually went to whole other side and cautiously moved towards storm -_- if seen a person they either fled or fired rounds as if they got fire ants in their pants tickling them just by walking them... but as soon as enemy opened fire it was as if the fire ants were biting and if you know how painful their bite is you get what I’m saying what happened to my ‘teammates’.
Message 8 of 15 (408 Views)

Champion
@DarthValtrex The beauty of this game is there are a lot of play styles that can win a game. A person that hides until the end and wins should get the most points available. I dont care if 2nd place had 10 kills. They ultimately failed the main objective of the game.

Again I'm all for increasing points for kills and assists by getting rid of the cap but you initially said to get rid of emphasis on placement and winning.

As for when I played, I was playing with ferrari and we decided to play ranked to get away from the pub lobby sbmm. I havent tried soloing ranked in a long time and probably never will. I'm gold 2 now I think randomly playing it with ferrari. You dont need a full team to advance to plat, really you just need either A)time to solo it by being very careful or B)a second that you mesh with.
Message 9 of 15 (403 Views)

★ Expert
@hayhor I think they should get rid of placement rewards except for top 3 teams. It's unnecessary to reward teams for surviving as surviving is still gonna be your top priority when playing this game anyway so might as well just reward people for risking instead of playing it safe.
Message 10 of 15 (396 Views)