Re: Gold items, are they worth it?

by hayhor

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 Only possibilities I can think of is always dies first or teammates always die first and quit, for me there is many time after I fight one or two need a revive and if two, just leave them?

Interested to hear the answer.
Message 11 of 30 (302 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CAGOA34 If it’s two players you should always leave them... it’s a difficult situation!

If you have good health you might as well push in because you might wipe the squad.

Difficult one to be honest
Message 12 of 30 (290 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 After the fights done, two teammates down nobody else around.
Message 13 of 30 (287 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 Also anyone with half a brain cell knows when you can revive during a fight, the example I gave was when you have won the fight but if you never revive what do you do.
Message 14 of 30 (285 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CAGOA34 Well I always play with a full squad and we always talk so we always try and revive when possibly even if it’s risky at times.

If all people are dead and two on the floor then a revive 110% has to be done.

Revive wherever and whenever you can is my opinion.
Message 15 of 30 (277 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 For me-

gold shield - I like only having to carry shied cells and syringes. I like people think theyve done major damage to you and wham your back to decent health as they push. I'll take a red end game if we know we will be close up but I dont worry about it.
gold bag - I love carrying lots of nades and reviving downed teammates who come back fairly healthy is a very good thing
gold helmet - my abilities are usually always available when I need them but this slightly edges the knockdown
gold knockdown - this has won me games. if you arent picking it up just because you dont like getting finished you are costing yourself comeback victories. Stop being a baby and try for the comeback.
Message 16 of 30 (272 Views)

Champion
@blkarmphoenix Gold bag plus gold knockdown is the ultimate play for me.
Message 17 of 30 (271 Views)

★★★ Pro
@hayhor Nice thoughts on gold loot! I like the armour idea too!

About the gold knockdown comment though, I just don’t like them. I die enough in this game and get finished enough in this game to know what it’s like mainly cause I play ranked and can’t leave but I wouldn’t do anyway.

I would rather my teammates have it who prefer to use it rather than me. I have never had a good play with it and it’s never worked for me.
Message 18 of 30 (252 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 I play with someone who hates being finished and I dont think he likes the gold knockdown which is why I just assumed the same for you. My advice.- pick it up. Eventually you will make that crazy comeback play that will make it worth it.
Message 19 of 30 (242 Views)

@rockyboy1998 I think they are worth it but they have to be used with the right legends.

The gold back pack goes to either the LL or Mirage on the time. I also give who ever has the gold back pack the gold knock down shield. Simply because if they manage to pull off the self revive, they'll have health. It is rare to successfully pull it off, but when it happens it can be awesome.

The Gold Helmet I tend to give to what ever legend has the longest times on their tactical and ult. If all legends are equal then i tend to give it to what ever legends abilities will be used the most and have the largest impact for the entire team.

The gold armor is decent. I tend to give my teammates my batteries and only carry cells/syringes when I have one. That can help the entire team out especially when heals are in short supply. I have also found popping a cell mid fight, especially in close fights can be a deciding factor in who wins.

The gold armor also works great with the Sentinel, you only use 1 cell to charge it instead of two.

It's really about priority. Those gold items won't win a fight for you entirely, but they can be just enough to shift a close fight into your teams favor.

The gold guns I love. I don't have to spend time looting attachments. They are super OP on drop as well. You have a fully kitted gun on drop, while your enemies have no or few attachments. It's a huge advantage on drop.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 20 of 30 (229 Views)