Re: Gold items, are they worth it?

by blkarmphoenix

Original Post

Gold items, are they worth it?

★★★ Pro

So in this game we have 4 gold items below is the order I rank them all in... 

1. Helmet 
  2. Body Shield 
  3. Backpack (unless you have a Lifeline or a Gibby or maybe even a Mirage at a push) 
  4. Knockdown shield 

Personally I think the 2&3 spot could be swapped around but it is very open for debate... 

• I main Bloodhound so having my scan come back quicker and my ultimate charge so much faster is such a benefit to me and my team that's why it is in my number 1 spot.
  • I feel like the body shield is good but I much preferred it when they were quick healers rather than what they are now. I mean you still take less hits than a red shield and the only benefit you have is when using small shield or small meds which I just think doesn't make sense. Why not make them a lot rarer but give them back the fast healing ability that they once had? 
  • I understand and like the idea of the gold backpack and do not really have much to say about it, I haven't seen one throughout the whole of this season and have played about 160-200 games already. If you use a Lifeline either yourself or have one in your team then they are great and it makes perfect sense, even with a Gibby it does or with a Mirage where you can heal out of site. I think maybe, if you wanted to make it a little better you could make it slightly revive players quicker? I'm not too sure if this would make it too OP though. 

And finally... 

THE GOLD KNOCKDOWN SHIELD for me this is honestly the most pointless thing in the entire game, I think it serves no benefit at all and I will not pick one up, even if I only have a level 2 one I am not swapping it out. The second that you decide to turn this thing on you are just a target and get finished straight away (even though you do in ranked anyway). I think this has to be looked at, make it silent when using it, or at least make the revive half the speed just do something to it... PLEASE! 

Interested to know if anyone agrees / disagrees with me as well. 

Message 1 of 30 (495 Views)

★★★ Guide

Helmet

Knockdown

Backpack

Body shield

The body shield is only useful early game now that it doesn't fast heal, later in the game it needs swapped for a red evo.  

I disagree on your point about the knockdown though. It's supposed to be a hail Mary,  not an extra life.  Sure 9 times out of 10 you won't pull it off,  but that 1 time you do is GLORIOUS.

Message 2 of 30 (488 Views)

★★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix Nice list, I am shocked about your thoughts on the knockdown shield though.

But here me out...

These gold items are meant to be extremely rare right, meaning you shouldn't find one every game yourself, you might loot it off a dead body but you're not going to get one every game yourself?

I know its not an extra life, but it really doesn't serve any purpose IMO, its more like 99 times outta 100!

So why not make them rarer, but make them better so they are actually worth the gold name tag!
Message 3 of 30 (484 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 Maybe I've just had better luck with it. I also think the situations people use it in are typically less than ideal. A lot of people seem to think it's best used when your squad is all downed so you can pull a miraculous comeback, which is nice.... when it happens.

Where it performs much more reasonably is in 3 party battles where 1 or 2 of your squadmates are still up. If they can hold attention you can revive yourself amongst the chaos without distracting another teammate. That gives you the opportunity to level the playing field and get back in the fight. I get the feeling a lot of times that people try to "save" the self revive for when they "really need it". Even if your downed, have 2 squadmates still up, and the fight is over, picking yourself up gives your squad mates more time to heal and reload to prepare for another team approaching.

So yeah, while it's not the greatest, I think people would respect the gold knockdown a little more if they treated it like the tool it is and don't expect it to be a miraculous playmaker.
Message 4 of 30 (480 Views)

★★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix That’s actually a great point, I’ve never really looked at it like that.

It just tends to be bad luck for me whenever I use it.

I still think it could do with a tweak, making it silent would be great at a minimum!
Message 5 of 30 (476 Views)

★★★ Guide
@rockyboy1998 Or give it a cloak like mirage reviving. That'd be alright.
Message 6 of 30 (474 Views)

★★★ Pro
@blkarmphoenix Again, another great point!
Message 7 of 30 (456 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

- helmet

- body sheild

- gold knockdown

- backpack

as a loba main i rank these in order i like the helmet cause i can get my teleport back faster and black market so i gobble up all the loot the body shield i will always take gold over any evo because of the double heals so i dont need any batts or med kits and have more space for nades and ammo gold knockdown i rank this here cuz it can be useful at times when u crawly into a bush or something and backpack i never take gold backpack because i never revive, i only revie when i have to i give the backpack to someone else

Message 8 of 30 (442 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Vscoboii9644 Why would you never revive?
Message 9 of 30 (440 Views)

★★★ Pro
@Vscoboii9644 Good points but why don’t you ever revive?
Message 10 of 30 (435 Views)