Gold: The Worst Ranked Lobbies

by rockyboy1998

Original Post

Gold: The Worst Ranked Lobbies

★★★ Pro

Due to not playing for a while - I find myself not having the time to hit Diamond every season so I end up having to play in Gold lobbies for longer and boy... oh boy... 

I genuinely think Gold lobbies are the worst for teammates and i'll explain why... 

1. Anyone can make Gold 
  2. It doesn't take skill to make Gold 
  3. It doesn't take game sense to make Gold 

The amount of players I end up playing with who are just beyond useless is actually beyond me... people pushing for 3v1's when they can't handle a 1v1 is mental. The people that get on mic and try to tell you what to do when they have never experienced life outside of Plat 4, that moan at you for not getting their box/banner when there are a whole 2 teams fighting in the same building and the lack of game knowledge and sense completely baffles me.

It's not something I've noticed before and its only in recent months have I noticed just how poor the lobbies actually are! 

Message 1 of 5 (666 Views)

Re: Gold: The Worst Ranked Lobbies

★★★ Expert

Debatable.  But I would say Gold players, while better than Silver and certainly Bronze, do not know how to drop.  That goes beyond hot drops in Fragment, by the way.  Almost universally, aside from lacking other skills seen in Platinum and I presume above, Gold players do not know how to drop, move about the map, and engage opponents.  

People deride Platinum regularly, but that's because the scoring system is so BROKEN you end up with a wide variety of above average skill in Platinum.  Platinum players are good, but there is a huge discrepancy since pretty much Platinum IV can be filled with anyone who is stuck there, to those who are progressing but who have been trashed by Respawn because Respawn can't figure out how to score progression.  Still, even hard stuck Plats seem to know, even when hot dropping, how not to be dumb enough to land right next to two other teams.

Message 2 of 5 (661 Views)

★★★ Pro
@KelRiever They don't know how to drop or rotate - you're spot on. This is what I mean about game sense, they lack it. You can be in a really good position late game, where if a good plat or above player was in this position they would defend it with their lives however the gold lobby players will just push another team despite already having KP.

I agree - it is broken.

What do you think they could do to improve it?
Message 3 of 5 (647 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@rockyboy1998 wrote:
@KelRieverThey don't know how to drop or rotate - you're spot on. This is what I mean about game sense, they lack it. You can be in a really good position late game, where if a good plat or above player was in this position they would defend it with their lives however the gold lobby players will just push another team despite already having KP.

I agree - it is broken.

What do you think they could do to improve it?

Remove the smurfs so they can climb out of gold to learn Standard smile

Message 4 of 5 (633 Views)

Champion
@rockyboy1998 It's why I say most people cannot win a game and the average kd is probably .6.
Message 5 of 5 (625 Views)