Re: Gold Rush Duos discussion thread

by UncleAlbert1802

Original Post

Gold Rush Duos discussion thread

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Welcome to the Grand Soirée and the Gold rush duo game mode. 

The event will be from 1/14 to 1/15

• It's all about the Gold Weapons with you and a friend.

Let us know what you think below and are you fan of gold? 

/Atic 

Message 1 of 53 (1,798 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@EA_Atic I’m in now... west europe 19:15... in queue with 17 people LOLZ
Message 2 of 53 (1,778 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Well... didn’t see this coming.

First 5 matches (in over 4 weeks also):

1st match, I get taken out quite easily since I had no shield and only an L-star
2nd match, I take someone out and teammate suddenly either leaves or D/C
3rd match, I start alone even tho I was waiting in a queue and the last number I saw was ‘57’...
4th match, * teammate is battling someone without letting me know. Starts krabering someone... he gets krabered in 1 shot by the dude he was krabering
5th match, we jump, 2 predators go to same spot, we get some weapons, teammate sees enemies and rushes in, gets shot, I fend of one, get 1 shot krabered by the other... ->

Xbox dashboard -> close app -> start up bioshock. XD

And they should’ve just called this gamemode ‘see the (L-)stars, but get the Mastiff’ cause 85% of the weapons seem to be L-stars but when you look at the feed, most kills come from mastiffs (at least in the beginning).
Message 3 of 53 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@EA_Atic when you get 4 kills 328 damage with a Mastiff in a match and get back to the main menu only to see none of it counts towards the, "Get 1500 damage with gold weapons in gold rush duos" objective cause it's still sitting at the 128 damage you did with a charge rifle the previous match.

Really glad I have to keep playing. Thanks.

Edit: 10 matches first impressions: It's terrible. It's Armed & Dangerous loot tables combined with terrible SBMM turning into a very third party heavy mode where everyone you're up against is pre-made, Apex Predator, or both. But your teammates struggle to do more than 100 damage while you're sitting at 8 kills 1600 damage because all they do is run forward without checking anything, get one shot by a Mastiff or Kraber and die immediately. Haven't won a game yet, and in 10 matches I've had one teammate beat me in damage by 200. Every other match has been me at the helm 1v2, ahead by 500-1600 damage. Don't bother pushing, because the frequent Kraber spawns guarantee every squad has one. Couple that with the long swathes of cover less open ground that this godforsaken map has, you might as move onto the next match if you're downed by a Predator Wraith who's got one. Best weapons are obviously the Kraber, Mastiff, and Charge rifle, with the Flatline being decent at medium range IF you manage to get an engagement there. G7, LSTAR, Triple Take, and EVA-8 are inherently outclassed simply due to their innate properties and attachments. G7 has no 4-10x, LSTAR has always been garbage, why bother with a Triple Take if there's a Kraber or a Charge Rifle, and why bother with an EVA if there's a Mastiff? (Trust me, there's always a Mastiff.)

Message 4 of 53 (1,727 Views)

★ Pro

Welcome to Campland…..

Message 5 of 53 (1,712 Views)

★★★ Guide

This mode should probably be called "Kraber pokefest" instead.  

Played a few this morning,  every game I got domed with a Kraber and got to watch my teammate trade shots until my respawn timed out.  

Not the best experience. 

Message 6 of 53 (1,709 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@blkarmphoenix wrote:

This mode should probably be called "Kraber pokefest" instead.  

Large smileParty hat

Message 7 of 53 (1,697 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Way way way way wayyyyy too little weapons....

Message 8 of 53 (1,694 Views)

★ Guide

Enjoying it so far

Message 9 of 53 (1,658 Views)

★ Guide

There's weapons everywhere, what you on about?

Message 10 of 53 (855 Views)