Gold Gun - Ability to Change out Sights

by EvoCyberNation

Original Post

Gold Gun - Ability to Change Sights

★ Guide

Giving the player a choice on which gun sights they want to use, on the gold gun, makes sense.  There are games out there that don't allow you to switch gun sights out.  The issue is, most of those players don't care to use those types of guns.  By giving the player the capability to switch out the gold gun sights would be nice.

By doing this it makes the
 game a bit more appealing! Large smile
It never hurts anyone to bring up an idea that might help the game prosper. Wink
Note: The gold guns will still drop with some gun sights, but you can change them out, or remove them, if you feel like it. :eahigh_file:
Just a idea  Standard smile

Message 1 of 12 (782 Views)
Highlighted

Gold Gun - Ability to Change out Sights

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This Forum Entry can be found at: Answers HQ English > Games > Apex Legends > Apex Legends > General Discussion

I want some feedback from General as well, just to see where their mindset is at.  Never hurts to ask General as well.

Message 2 of 12 (696 Views)

Re: Gold Gun - Ability to Change Sights

★★ Pro

I'd like that too! I don't want an R-301 with a 2-4x scope lol. 

Message 3 of 12 (767 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Nope, it would be more broken

Message 4 of 12 (764 Views)

★ Guide

@EvoCyberNation wrote:

Giving the player a choice on which gun sights they want to use, on the gold gun, makes sense.  There are games out there that don't allow you to switch gun sights out.  The issue is, most of those players don't care to use those types of guns.  By giving the player the capability to switch out the gold gun sights would be nice.

By doing this it makes the
 game a bit more appealing! Large smile
It never hurts anyone to bring up an idea that might help the game prosper. Wink
Note: The gold guns will still drop with some gun sights, but you can change them out, or remove them, if you feel like it. :eahigh_file:
Just a idea  Standard smile

Very very good idea. Most of the gold items sights are just right for the given weapon but that one time I got the gold Havoc, I couldn't understand why it had a 2x-4x attached to it. It makes the spray barely manageable while aiming down sight. The carabine fits it well though but most players just don't use that sight.

Overall great idea!

Message 5 of 12 (750 Views)

Not a bad idea but.

Golden guns are brought in the game to have already have a fully equipped weapon at the drawback you cannot choose your attachments.

So it would make golden guns only a bonus without a drawback.

Personally i wouldn't mind to switch up attachments on golden guns.

But i can see why people would be against it / in a balance perspective.

but a golden gun is in "Late game" as strong as a regular fully equipped gun.

Good idea tbh but don't think this would see a change.

Maybe add different kind of golden weapons like sometimes it has that scope or a different hop-up.

Zeelmaekers

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 12 (703 Views)

★★ Pro

@Zeelmaekers Looks like they heard us a little bit! The update today made the gold R-301 with a 1-2x scope! Perfect!

Message 7 of 12 (667 Views)

Yup, much better now Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 8 of 12 (653 Views)

Thank you devs

★★★ Apprentice

I really appreciate you all listening to the community about the digital on wingman and turbocharger on havoc.

Is it possible to change the 1-2x on the other gold guns? The variable sights are not ideal maybe a regular 1x or a 2x could suffice on the other two guns.

Message 9 of 12 (642 Views)

★ Guide

@jonesy0218 wrote:

@Zeelmaekers Looks like they heard us a little bit! The update today made the gold R-301 with a 1-2x scope! Perfect!

I personaly liked the 2x-4x better on the R-301. Sad news from my perspective Sick

Message 10 of 12 (630 Views)