Re: Gnome Bomb Coin Payout on Solo Nerfed?

by Jumpy_Bumblebee

Original Post

Gnome Bomb Coin Payout on Solo Nerfed?

★ Apprentice

Hi All:

I used to be able to set up a solo Gnome Bomb match on crazy difficulty with no AI, place three gnome bombs within 3 minutes, and collect about 6,000 coins. Now I'm only receiving about 750 coins?!?!?

I think this change happened at about the same time as the new update. Was this an intentional change as part of the update?

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (894 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

As far as i know, your coin payout is nerfed if the game thinks you are AFK which tends to be the case when grinding coins solo with no AI. In turf takeover your coin payout depends on match length rather than your skill so as long as you let the timer run out and capture the point during over time you use to get a lot of coins for this. Now it does not work this way and you only get a small coin payout regardless of how long you wait.

I'm not going to act like i know how they changed the system but i'm gonna assume you need at least a set amount of vanquishes to at least get the full coin payout (could probably be score related too). It was most likely made to further nerf AFK players like in cats vs dinos for example when they don't get kicked since they are secretly moving their camera around.

If you have two controllers then you can test it by just having the second player be AFK while you control your character and actually play because there is a difference in the amount of coins both players will receive. I use to play multiplayer with my cousin and despite the fact that i have like 30+ more vanquishes than him and he'd only have around 5 we both still get the same payout. But i noticed when i just went afk and let him play and have my character stand around for awhile i ended up with a smaller coin payout than him.

Message 2 of 4 (862 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know if it's a bug. We played Gnome Bomb with three friends (on zombie, two plants), everyone had several kills and all, but the zombie player won, and he got 250 for each bomb (so 750 coins for the total game!), but we two plant players got 0 ZERO NO coins. - That can't be right, because we really fought and moved all the time.

I never had a game with 0 coins. Only thing was a solo turf takeover (but with KI's on each side), also with enough kills and lenght, but there I made something wrong because I had my engineer sitting on his (don't know the English name) big shot machine gun thingy and guarding the last painting in the gallery. We won, because the plants didn't come there for some reason, but that was also, why my engineer didn't move on his MG. I think I got only 500 coins for that game and a friend explained that I have to keep moving all the time. I only wanted to use big force in the last minute for that last painting, so waited on the big gun monster.

Doesn't explain the Gnome Bomb issue. If we are real players, moving, vanquishing, even placing bombs, losing them again... Can't be that we get zero coins in the end, even if we lose. And the winner only 250 for every successful bomb.

I think it's a bug in private play. We don't play Gnome Bomb now until we know what's up with that. And we really liked to play it with a small friends group only (only friends allowed to join). I hope they will change that problem soon.

Message 3 of 4 (846 Views)

Hi Vern!!

Try playing peashooter or soldier.  Keep your controller nearby and pop out a bean bomb or ZPG every so often.  This increases the solo payout on suburbanation from 5K to 10K per game.

Message 4 of 4 (818 Views)