Re: Glitching and Stuttering

by _4OP3_

Original Post

Glitching and Stuttering

★★★★★ Novice

How is it that I can go from running Apex Legends smoothly on Xbox One, but log off for half an hour, come back and be experiencing unplayable glitching and stuttering with 50 ping? I’ve tried restarting the game, restarting my xbox, and even clearing the alternate MAC address. Why is the game struggling so badly?

Message 1 of 3 (435 Views)

★ Guide

I have that between games too, on PC.

It is a crappy server side optimization.

Client data, including your own view, fps, movement, visibility tied together with the packet communication to/coming from the server.

They just do a terrible job, thats all.

If the server is laggy, I don't just get lag, or choppy enemy movement. I get CRAZY rubber banding, and not just my character, but my whole screen shakes and moves "back in time", like a weird echo of how I've moved the mouse 2-3seconds ago. This can repeate for 20.30seconds, then 10-20seconds fine, then again a big time spent in the rubber band state,

Worse ... network ... code ... ever

Why can't tiday's developers develop like ID or DE, Quake and Unreal is centuries more advanced coding than what we have today. All AAA games are easy to crack, terrible to play the server/client side lacking badly.

Frustrating, because we want to have fun and we can't, its a terrible experience. And you're with your friends, you can't just leave its also ranked, you don't want to sit for 10 minutes as a penalty. :S

Message 2 of 3 (405 Views)

★ Guide

I'm not sure you understand how computing works.

There are a myriad of variables at play, none of which are constants.

Your console might have degraded between now and then.
Others using your internet might be consuming more than before.
The server you connected to is different than before (auto selected at game boot)
The node your ISP routes you through might be much different and route you through some slower nodes.
The client may have been patched, introducing bugs
The server may have been patched, introducing bugs
The last time you played the game, maybe the server was not experiencing a memory leak at the moment, but now you're on a server that is.

There's so much going on at any 1 given moment. As a tech person, when someone says "It's broke! Fix it.", I usually refuse until they give me useful information to troubleshoot the problem with. Much of it can seem invisible to users that assume everything is a constant behind the scenes.

Message 3 of 3 (367 Views)