Re: Giving up

by GDUBZ1

Original Post

Giving up

★★ Guide

With a game that started with such great potential I think I’m finally done.

I was glad to hear the team was still working on the game but if all we’re gonna get are basic bug fixes and then sold time savers as content on a game that already lacks content then I think its time to jump ship.

I’ve avoided the forums for sometime now but after seeing the addition of the “key to the map” a little while back I’ve decided enoughs enough. 

Firstly charging players for something they could easily just google is shameful.

You’d think your first store item would have been a car pack or a story addon that adds something for players to come back to but its a time saver for something I’d say 99% of the community would have completed 2/3 weeks into the games release.

You had a cool core game that just needed to be refined to look after your end game players so they could have something to keep playing for.
Instead you give them something that saves them their time from playing your game. Gold star for you.

Sorry to the devs who actually had passion and put hard work into the project, it definitely had potential to be something a lot greater but as usual the industry is too interested on making a quick buck for their shareholders.

Message 1 of 4 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@TheWaIkingDevBig money in gaming ruins it. Its takes the focus of making a quality game and puts it on making the most money they can. Meaning...they are not willing to support the game after release as much as they should. Also that they wont be paying anyone to test the game and fix bugs before it even comes out. They are cutting corners anyway they can to make more money and everyone can see it!

Message 2 of 4 (469 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@GDUBZ1That and the lack of competition. Rockstar gave up the last rival streetracer, Midnight Club and NFS went downhill after it pretty quick. Very sad.

Message 3 of 4 (456 Views)

★★ Guide
@H0XTON72 Good point. Didnt think about the competition . That for sure plays a part.
Message 4 of 4 (450 Views)