Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Give us the Loot Patch and Act 1! or Anthem dies ...

by theBeard_0

Original Post

Give us the Loot Patch and Act 1! or Anthem dies ...

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I say it the way it is ...

Anthem in the state is a cheek and a punch in the face of us players. So many and so violent problems, there was not a long time in a game.

So much is illogical in Anthem, fills up wrongly, and does not even agree with what we were presented with the months before. Above all, there is so much missing that I myself no longer know when you will bring that at all and if you can do it at all.

After 80 hours I woke up from the hype dream and wonder how fiercely Bioware and EA fooled us.

I had so much hope that the game will be really good, that in the last few months I have seen only a few previews, reviews, gameplay and whatever was there. I let myself be blinded because I thought; "Hey, Bioware is an absolutely brilliant company and they look at us players and deliver a brilliant game". But what came out there as a final is really like a slap in the face.

Of course I gambled the 80 hours, then the hype glasses have dropped off and gradually one more and more violent problems come up, one worse than the other and one also wonders; "Wait a minute, the game should look completely different, fill up, work as it was shown to me then." And one can not shake off the suspicion that they have been really badly fooled here, but still does not want to realize it.

But let's conclude: where is the end content?
Do you want to fool us again? The loot is already broken, is just such a small problem. But that we have to wait for the good content and especially content where already at the start in the game, still 3 months? What shoud that? How violently do you want to fool us? Do you no longer have morals? Do you think you blind us all the time and we do not notice?

You have sold us the last months for full bluff. Made us hot for a game that in the end is something completely different than what was shown and promised to us and now you think you can handle it again?

My suggestion is that you finally give us, at least, the minimum of the game you promised us. And that would be among others:

More loot as it should be for a loot shooter.

Especially more content, like the stuff from act 1. What should actually be available for the game start.

If you at least do that, then I think the game still has a chance.

Otherwise the game will be dead in the next few weeks ...

And to all those who want to defend Anthem ... WAKE UP! and take off your hype glasses...

And if you think I'm trolling and / or hate the game somehow. Then be told that if I did not care about the game, I would not bother to write anything in the forum here ...

PS: Sry for my English...

Message 1 of 30 (819 Views)

★ Pro

Stop being a drama queen. They have given us a 90-day roadmap. Stuff will get here when it gets here. The immediate issue isn’t content, but quality of life changes and fixes.

if you are tired of waiting for new content, then take a break and come back after they have a chance to add some.

Message 2 of 30 (787 Views)

★ Guide

Sounds like a hostage situation with this one.

Message 3 of 30 (776 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is this some sort of teenage angst redirected at the game?

Message 4 of 30 (743 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

@BanfilidhAnyone who likes this game might want to really press the devs to make those changes quickly.  And the road map is not all that exciting.  If the Division 2 isn't a dumpster fire I fully intend to uninstall anthem.  Enough people do the same thing and there won't be enough people left to make future content updates worth while for the studio.  Just food for thought

Message 5 of 30 (731 Views)

★★★★ Novice
As other people have mentioned, the only real serious issues presently are the bugs and performance issues. I think we should give them longer than one weekend after launch to make all our dreams come true, as operating a live game is it's own beast.
Message 6 of 30 (724 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dude, you just said you got 80 hours out of the game. Let's just say you go the movies a lot for entertainment and the average movie you watch is 2 hours long. Playing anthem for 80 hours is like watching forty movies. Can you go see 40 movies for 60 bucks? No, you can not.

You got your 60 dollars worth of entertainment and there are FREE content updates coming. I think one of the main problems with games now are the actual gamers. You have no sense of value and the internet is just an avenue for you to complain.

Message 7 of 30 (698 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Please do not use the the term "us" in your writing. You are not speaking for the majority, and certainly not speaking for me.

You have played Anthem for 80hr...seems like you might need a second hobby. They have released a 90 time-table for the game; your weak and erratic threat does nothing other than make you look foolish.
Message 8 of 30 (609 Views)

★ Pro

@KMooneyJr wrote:
Please do not use the the term "us" in your writing. You are not speaking for the majority, and certainly not speaking for me.

You have played Anthem for 80hr...seems like you might need a second hobby. They have released a 90 time-table for the game; your weak and erratic threat does nothing other than make you look foolish.

Why tell people to get another hobby? I have 66 hours, I bet he played alpha and demos which Thai time sticks with the account .

Message 9 of 30 (579 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@WilliamAmplerod wrote:
As other people have mentioned, the only real serious issues presently are the bugs and performance issues. I think we should give them longer than one weekend after launch to make all our dreams come true, as operating a live game is it's own beast.

no... it's actually the LOOT SYSTEM which is holding the game back, nothing like finding physical damage on a sniper, or shotgun mods on a pistol... or Colossus specific components with Pistol mods... you know, those killer pistols WE CANT USE. their pool is MUCH too large and it's defeating the purpose of progressing to later content. GM 2 and 3 are entirely broken and serve no purpose, GM 1 out does them. QoL improvements are wonderful and bug fixes are definitely important but if you dont fix your loot tables and affix pools then it dies off, there's only 1 viable end game dungeon to even do so that'll burn you out pretty quick.

I'm not saying give me everything right now, but at the very least fix the pools so i can actually start tweaking my javelins until new content drops down the road. It's exactly what all other looter shooters do during dry spells, tweak the tables to min / max and that'll tide people over until the content drops.

Message 10 of 30 (555 Views)
Twitter Stream

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help