Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Give it to us straight Bioware, we can handle it.

by Aftershox72

Original Post

Re: Give it to us staright Bioware, we can handle it.

★★★★ Novice
@Silversurferguy FFXIV did awesome with that. I was skeptical when they went that direction but it payed off huge! Unfortunately, I don't think thats very good option here. There's a bit of a reputation and trust issue in this case. Transperency and follow through are needed at this point. We need to be able to look at the next game from Bioware and say "Yeah, some mistakes were made with Anthem, but they made it right and i can trust they'll do the same this time if something goes sideways."
Message 11 of 34 (550 Views)

@SofaJockeyUK  Successfully debunked? If you say so 😂

Message 12 of 34 (547 Views)

@Aftershox72  There already is a reputation and trust issue. It can’t get any worse for BioWare. 

Message 13 of 34 (545 Views)

★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Silversurferguy wrote:

Nothing other than a complete shut down and relaunch will fix anthem IMO. Otherwise the only direction this game can go in, is in the dirt six feet under.

I think nonsense like this has been successfully debunked in other threads. There's no basis for shutting down a game with great core gameplay and the financial impact that would have on BioWare, when all it needs is more content and further loot balancing.

Ppl who writing love letters THINK its been debunked, thats a difference. But actually it did work for other games in that aweful state. Whats about the financial impact? What do you know about their financials? Nothing i guess! That kind of content it needs, is nothing they can simply add like some of their completly unchallenging strongholds, their is a lot of work balancing wise involved.

Message 14 of 34 (532 Views)

@Quinxder wrote:

Whats about the financial impact? What do you know about their financials? 

If a studio shuts down a game, I would think it would need to refund the players.

Something that is wholly unnecessary for a functioning and enjoyable game.

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 15 of 34 (527 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Silversurferguy O absolutely agree, there's been a somewhat downward trend in reputation and trust and it's absolutely justified. However, Bioware at its best is really good, but it hasnt been there in awhile
Message 16 of 34 (526 Views)

★ Guide

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Quinxder wrote:

Whats about the financial impact? What do you know about their financials? 

If a studio shuts down a game, I would think it would need to refund the players.

Something that is wholly unnecessary for a functioning and enjoyable game.

Oh you would think. Of course you would think, but thats all right? The game isn't functioning nor enjoyable.

Message 17 of 34 (524 Views)

@Aftershox72  For sure. I think what BioWare needs more than anything else right now, is good faith from consumers. Anthem unequivocally burned a lot of bridges with players. All their plans have fallen flat, they refuse to fix core problems like loot, and now that the player base has dwindled to a handful, new problems are emerging like matchmaking. Even their stream on the cataclysm fell on deaf ears and no one was excited about it. There’s no point on supporting the game at all if no one takes them seriously. Their PR is that bad 

Message 18 of 34 (503 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

in 5 months we have had 1 stronghold. thats it. at this rate what should we even expect? we were told lots of things would drop but most people have left the game now. destiny 2 has had about 10x the content drop in the time on a game a year old. how long do we wait for them to fulfil their promises? 

Message 19 of 34 (498 Views)

★★ Guide
@SofaJockeyUK Soon (tm)

Dont forget they have trademarked the use of the word soon
Message 20 of 34 (470 Views)
Twitter Stream