Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Give it to us straight Bioware, we can handle it.

by Cyphronite

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Give it to us staright Bioware, we can handle it.

★★★ Novice
@Liamt75 Ahh don't forget the Elysian Chests, technically that's content as well (even tho it was temporary). However, you're right that alot of ppl have simply left the game. Most of the rest of the ppl i know that are staying kinda fall into 2 camps: 1. those that are still playing to get their 60$ worth of game if they can find fun in it, and 2. those that are still playing because there's definately a great game in there waiting to happen. I fall into the latter, there's a good game in there somewhere, but at the moment it simply feels like a rushed work-in-progress. Patience isn't infinate unfortunately, that's why I think it would be a good time for Bioware to start filling us in, not necessarily the specifics of what they're working on, just that theyre working on it and the steps they're taking to address our concerns. Then, as we see the content be released and fixes made, we can start to trust what we're being told, and have at least some confidence that we won't find ourselves in a sort of bait and switch situation.
Message 21 of 34 (594 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@Silversurferguy "Their PR is that bad", I have to say that has stuck out since launch. Ideally they learned alot from E3 and the week or 2 before it. Although with E3, it might only be me that feels a bit like Anthem was seated at the kiddie table for Thanksgiving for that particular event. Likely not their intention, but thats the vibe I got from it, lol.
Message 22 of 34 (580 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

cataclysm is NOTHING to be excited about.. so stop pretending its a miracle patch.

also.. for those bringing up ffxiv you may recall they kind of went postal on almost the entire dev team and they have never been heard from again. is THAT what you want for bioware? they will fire 95% of the people who work there. also not withstanding.. shutting down and restarting doesn't work for every game, just look at hellgate London (another EA product).

Message 23 of 34 (524 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@TROUBLEWITHTOIL wrote:

cataclysm is NOTHING to be excited about.. so stop pretending its a miracle patch.

also.. for those bringing up ffxiv you may recall they kind of went postal on almost the entire dev team and they have never been heard from again. is THAT what you want for bioware? they will fire 95% of the people who work there. also not withstanding.. shutting down and restarting doesn't work for every game, just look at hellgate London (another EA product).

You can't make the Hellgate comparison here. The restart was done by an entirely different company and their script kiddies made changes that ruined the game for Intel users (that they don't know how to fix). That's before we even talk about their P2W tactics.

Message 24 of 34 (503 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@Alvanian wrote:
@SofaJockeyUKSoon (tm)

Dont forget they have trademarked the use of the word soon

I’ve seen “soon” used by other companies when announcing stuff without an exact release date. I very much doubt any of them have actually trademarked it. It’s just a joke.

Heroes and Champions are community members recognized for being helpful, constructive, and positive. More info here.

We don’t work for EA. Our opinions are our own.
Message 25 of 34 (499 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

The problem here is that they are treating all updates the same... Silence on content/roadmap issues until release is an acceptable response.  Silence on bugs is not.

They need to split the development into 2 tracks. 

1. New content/roadmap stuff.  This doesn't really need updates other than "We are working on some new stuff that we think you guys will like, but we don't want to let the cat out of the bag because we don't know how long it will take."

2. Bug fixes/patches - This is what needs updates the most.  Something along the lines of "Here is the list of acknowledged bugs that we have confirmed and the priority we have assigned to fixing them.  Here is a list of unconfirmed bugs that we received but either cannot confirm or need more information on."  This will let the community know that they are being heard.  

Combining critical bug fixes into content updates is horrible.  Why should your player base wait for months with silly game-breaking bugs that should be priority or were introduced in post-launch patches?

While it may be too late for Anthem, maybe you can file this in the "how to suck less in the future" bin.

Message 26 of 34 (477 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

@cake404 wrote:

@Alvanian wrote:
@SofaJockeyUKSoon (tm)

It’s just a joke.

Yes it was.

Message 27 of 34 (452 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Pro

@Alvanian wrote:

@cake404 wrote:

@Alvanian wrote:
@SofaJockeyUKSoon (tm)

It’s just a joke.

Yes it was.

Post was brought to you by Capt. Obvious Tongue out

Message 28 of 34 (446 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide
@Aftershox72 Very well put, Sir.
Message 29 of 34 (311 Views)
Highlighted

@Silversurferguy wrote:

@Aftershox72  There already is a reputation and trust issue. It can’t get any worse for BioWare. 

Bioware: Hold my beer...

Message 30 of 34 (257 Views)
Twitter Stream