Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Give it to us straight Bioware, we can handle it.

by Aftershox72

Original Post

Highlighted

Give it to us straight Bioware, we can handle it.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello! Please keep in mind, this isn't a rant about the current state of the game. I think we can all agree, everything that can be said on both sides of the arguement has been said.  Those that like the game, or "want" to like the game, have few non-opinion articles to get our info on whats happening with the game. The silence from EA/Bioware is a bit baffling, and to be blunt somewhat embarassing. I do however understand that they should keep quiet on some things that are "in progress but may not pan out", but to be silent on nearly every  aspect of the game gives the impression that the entire game is in progress and may not pan out.. We're about a month past the end of what was supposed the 90 day roadmap, and we all understand that its been delayed, and at least some of it is currently in public testing. i'm thinking it's a good time to ask Ea, but more specifically Bioware, to take an hour or two of their time to give the community a more substantial update on things than "We are committed to the success of Anthem". I dont think any of us expect a detailed statement similar to a roadmap of content, but something as simple as, "hey, these are the must-do's and bugs that we're focused on, these are the need-to-do's that we're investigating, and these are the would-be-nice things that seems to be panning out". Quite frankly, just something to let the community know if, and in what direction the game is going to continue in and that at least some of the feedback is being taken into consideration. If you keep the community informed, yes you'll get some blowback, and some praise, but one thing you won't have is the level of vitriol that the deafening silence and information vacuum is causing. If nothing else, it would be a great start in helping us to help you help us. Starting a constructive, engaged, and informed conversation about the situation from the studio side will start to repair the damage thats been done to consumer trust, and also start to get constructive feedback from the community instead of repeated pleas for info, or numurous repeat posts adressing the same issues. If possible, please keep any responses civil, and please add anything I've missed. I've tried to keep it as a general request for info, I don't want to pin Bioware down on specific details of every little thing thats going on, just something general but informativeStandard smile

Message 1 of 34 (1,257 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Give it to us staright Bioware, we can handle it.

What silence?

The Public Test Server version of the Cataclysm has been getting regular updates and will drop for everyone at some point.

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers.
Message 2 of 34 (1,234 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

What silence?

The Public Test Server version of the Cataclysm has been getting regular updates and will drop for everyone at some point.

Yeah, it's like giving a glass of ice water to somebody in hell :D

Message 3 of 34 (1,220 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@SofaJockeyUK Agreed, i wasn't very specific on that. I meant things like a month of silence on twitter and such. Also, I forgot to mention I'm on console, and don't have access to the test server. But yes, I do stand by my origional post, it would be nice to check the forums and see a sticky on the general forums with some info. Some of us can't contribute to helping the game on console, but we'd like to know that feedback from us is being looked at or considered. Honestly, i didn't mean to come off snarky if that's how it was taken.
Message 4 of 34 (1,217 Views)
Highlighted

@Aftershox72 wrote:
@SofaJockeyUK Agreed, i wasn't very specific on that. I meant things like a month of silence on twitter and such. Also, I forgot to mention I'm on console, and don't have access to the test server. But yes, I do stand by my origional post, it would be nice to check the forums and see a sticky on the general forums with some info. Some of us can't contribute to helping the game on console, but we'd like to know that feedback from us is being looked at or considered. Honestly, i didn't mean to come off snarky if that's how it was taken.

There has been a big change for good or ill.

Instead of content being advertised in advance (via a roadmap), content now arrives when it's ready.

The advantage of that is that content will arrive when it's cooked and content won't miss its advertised release date (because there are no advertised release dates).

The disadvantage is that we don't know what's coming, new content will simply arrive when it does.

I'm on console too. If moved on to other games, but will return when the Cataclysm drops on Xbox.

Mostly following BioWare and Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers.
Message 5 of 34 (1,207 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@SofaJockeyUK Yes, it's the Disadvantage where you hit the nail on the head. I understand the "when", but my concern is that when turning into an "if". Love the game, but it's a bit repetitive now. I think alot of us would just like to be sure we're not spinning our wheels in one place and need to move on or if we should tough it out a bit longer.
Message 6 of 34 (1,202 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

@SofaJockeyUK wrote:

@Aftershox72 wrote:
@SofaJockeyUKAgreed, i wasn't very specific on that. I meant things like a month of silence on twitter and such. Also, I forgot to mention I'm on console, and don't have access to the test server. But yes, I do stand by my origional post, it would be nice to check the forums and see a sticky on the general forums with some info. Some of us can't contribute to helping the game on console, but we'd like to know that feedback from us is being looked at or considered. Honestly, i didn't mean to come off snarky if that's how it was taken.

There has been a big change for good or ill.

Instead of content being advertised in advance (via a roadmap), content now arrives when it's ready.

The advantage of that is that content will arrive when it's cooked and content won't miss its advertised release date (because there are no advertised release dates).

The disadvantage is that we don't know what's coming, new content will simply arrive when it does.

I'm on console too. If moved on to other games, but will return when the Cataclysm drops on Xbox.

Oh yeah thats a professional way to produce a GaaS. You maybe get something, somedays. But also maybe not, lol

Message 7 of 34 (1,199 Views)
Highlighted

@Aftershox72 wrote:
@SofaJockeyUK Yes, it's the Disadvantage where you hit the nail on the head. I understand the "when", but my concern is that when turning into an "if". Love the game, but it's a bit repetitive now. I think alot of us would just like to be sure we're not spinning our wheels in one place and need to move on or if we should tough it out a bit longer.

You are correct, by not having a roadmap people may doubt whether new content is coming at all. Yet once a roadmap has been missed, the roadmap will also be distrusted.

The only solution is an actual track record of actual content arriving on a regular basis and that's going to take time to establish (or fail to establish).

In some respect, we can see content that's on the way, because although we can't access the PTS, we know Cataclysm content is on the way.

Message 8 of 34 (1,189 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

Doctor: your baby has something we call “a live service tumor” and has negatively affected most aspects of the child. It’s a virulent tumor and it appears to be shutting down vital functions. I’m also concerned about the state you baby came in. Has the mother been drinking during development? It may have caused the tumor. Right now it’s on critical life support. Most of the doctors here aren’t hopeful, myself included

EA and BioWare: OH GOD NOOOOO! 😭 

Jokes aside, I don’t think sudden transparency from BioWare would help. Nothing other than a complete shut down and relaunch will fix anthem IMO. Otherwise the only direction this game can go in, is in the dirt six feet under.

Message 9 of 34 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted

@Silversurferguy wrote:

Nothing other than a complete shut down and relaunch will fix anthem IMO. Otherwise the only direction this game can go in, is in the dirt six feet under.

I think nonsense like this has been successfully debunked in other threads. There's no basis for shutting down a game with great core gameplay and the financial impact that would have on BioWare, when all it needs is more content and further loot balancing.

Message 10 of 34 (1,171 Views)
Twitter Stream