Give everyone a knockdown shield right from the start

by Bean2kay9

Original Post

Give everyone a knockdown shield right from the start

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

And just watch the number of leavers go down.

When you go down early game and you don’t have a knockdown shield yet it’s pretty much game over, you just have to accept your death and when you do die a lot of players just leave straight away because no one wants to spend early game spectating, just waiting for their teammates to come grab their banner and respawn them 

if you gave everyone a knockdown shield at the start of the game then I guarantee the number of leavers would go down drastically. Yes you’d still get the players who leave instantly when they’re down, but the players who’d normally leave when they’re dead, well they’d still be here as they wouldn’t actually be dead this time because they can crawl to safely and wait to be revived!

I feel like this is a change that needs to be added ASAP as the whole solo queue experience is frustrating enough as it is without players leaving every other game, and since for some reason they’re so against putting in solos like every other BR game, changes like this need to be implemented to make playing with randoms more fun/ less rage inducing 

Message 1 of 6 (332 Views)

Re: Give everyone a knockdown shield right from the start

Champion
@Bean2kay9 People leave before they are even thirsted to keep up their KD.
Message 2 of 6 (298 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Bean2kay9This is a very good idea actually. Remove every knockdown shield except gold because they are rare as it is. This will clear up the loot pool of unnecessary garbage.
But I don't think it contributes to leaver mentality in any way. Leavers will keep doing that no matter what.

Edit: Everyone will have a blue(or purple idk) knockdown from the start.

Message 3 of 6 (285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@Bean2kay9I doubt of people leave because of that, but it was nice if we had "evo knockdown shield" which started as white (lv1) for everyone and evolved as same as their armour, but instead of red, it could have evolved to gold (self revive) 

Message 4 of 6 (278 Views)

Champion

I personally think they should just capitalise on the new crafting system.

-Allow players to drop with a white bodyshield/helmet/knockdown shield and remove these items from the general loot pool entirely.

-Remove weapons from the crafter, and add an upgrade slot for knockdowns/helmets.

- add syringes and cells as a permanent fixture to crafter.

This would help alleviate the early game struggles, free up the loot pool for actual useful items and generally just streamline the game in general.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (256 Views)

Champion
@MandatoryIDtag For once you make sense! 😜
Message 6 of 6 (236 Views)