Giddy Park Rework?

by Treesanity

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Giddy Park Rework?

★★ Guide

Hiya I think this has been said before but I couldn't find it. But personally as someone who has trouble finding matches I tend to spend most my time in Giddy Park where there seems to be abundance of players fighting each otherPark. I just feel like it could be like GW2 and have bosses come out and help when 1 side is losing, or it could have that flag thing in the middle of the map. 

Honestly I spend so much time in Giddy Park 😂

Message 1 of 16 (1,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Giddy Park Rework?

★★★★★ Expert
@Treesanity Oh dear God, I'd love for there to be cross-play! Have made friends & talked with so many great people in the forum that it would be amazing to play with, but they're mainly different platforms (or difficult to meet up with because of differing time-zones).

Don't think we'll be that lucky though & I think you're right in that this will mainly be a bit of maintenance - but I'm not my usual cheerful self this morning! 🤣
If we're lucky it might include a mini-event or something, so I'm going off to give my positivity a talking-to & keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the day 😜

View in thread

Message 10 of 16 (802 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

I want a microphone in Giddy Park.

If there are many players in Giddy Park and someone shouts "Turf Takeover" by that microphone (all players can hear [see]), some of these players may go to that mode.

If such microphone is in plant or zombie zone, troublesome player may taunt all players many times, so that microphone should be put in battle zone.

Edit: typos fixed.

Message 2 of 16 (983 Views)

★★ Guide
@CharlesHlcBendel You can go into the settings and change it so your microphone can work. Took me a while to realise Noone could hear me
Message 3 of 16 (981 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Treesanity Agree it would be great to have more things in Giddy Park but at the same time, if it's too appealing no one's going to bother going into PvP matches at all.... tricky one! 🥴😂

Maybe there should be more to do but the xp earned in Giddy Park reduced?? (Just a possible idea & I want to stress it's an idea just for Giddy Park itself, not the PvE regions)
Message 4 of 16 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Treesanity  yep would be good if Giddy Park was fun... sadly I rarely find it fun and have had it on Private for a long time. There is so much that could make it fun... hope they are considering something more exciting for it.

@ToastedSarnie  thats true... but I find I am forced to play Pvp even if I don't really want to due to there not being enough to do really.... fingers crossed for tonight though Fingers crossed

Message 5 of 16 (858 Views)

★★ Guide

I would really like Giddy Park to stay at Night mode it looks cooler.

Message 6 of 16 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@asabaida Yep, know what you mean, it's just a worry that I'm increasingly finding fewer people in lobbies. I'm really hoping the surprise is something like the Pie Hunt - had hoped that kind of thing might be a more frequent event.

@aikohu I'd love for Giddy Park to cycle both day & night, as it does in the GW2 Backyard
Message 7 of 16 (841 Views)

★★ Guide
@ToastedSarnie Maybe this update has Cross play in it 🤔😂
Message 8 of 16 (834 Views)

★★ Guide
@Treesanity Also I'm thinking this maintenance update is going to be just that, and there'll be an update in 6 days time once the prizeboard time is over.
Message 9 of 16 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Treesanity Oh dear God, I'd love for there to be cross-play! Have made friends & talked with so many great people in the forum that it would be amazing to play with, but they're mainly different platforms (or difficult to meet up with because of differing time-zones).

Don't think we'll be that lucky though & I think you're right in that this will mainly be a bit of maintenance - but I'm not my usual cheerful self this morning! 🤣
If we're lucky it might include a mini-event or something, so I'm going off to give my positivity a talking-to & keep my fingers crossed for the rest of the day 😜
Message 10 of 16 (803 Views)