Re: Gibraltar is OP with this 10% damage reduction

by Balzano

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Huntinwabits wrote:

no what really sucks when they put out big shield  then throw the AOE out so you go to kill him inside the Bubble and he runs out. then you go out and getting pounded by the AOE, so you want to stay inside but throws a grenade or star in there???  that's what is BS lol

Sounds like you got outplayed? xD

WP to him..

And Gibby did need a small stats boost because it is literally impossible to miss your shots on him when playing on PC.

Message 11 of 20 (1,228 Views)

★★ Guide
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAAJAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHH

Hahahahahahahajahahahahhahahahaha OP He said! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAH
Message 12 of 20 (1,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is very different fighting Gibraltar and Caustic now but I think we really need to wait for the meta to settle before we can determine if it's OP.

My take is this: the new meta for Gibraltar is team-fire. Gibraltar is still a big target. He's still twice as easy to hit as e.g. Wraith, Octane, or Pathfinder. The best way to put him down quick is for at least two teammates to prioritize him and focus him down. He is formidable 1v1; I think that's just his gimmick now. His tradeoff is that he's a big fat target on the field.

Caustic vs Gibraltar - similar effective health

Lifeline vs Gibraltar - Lifeline is not meant to be a run-and-gunner and not meant to have an escape hatch, so there's an argument she should be screwed vs Gibraltar

Bloodhound vs Gibraltar - no advice here (I actually think Bloodhound is underpowered right now)

Wraith vs Gibraltar - can bail out if Gibraltar won't go down

Pathfinder vs GIbraltar - can bail out if Gibraltar won't go down

Bangalore vs Gibraltar - can shoot smoke and bail out

Octane vs Gibraltar - can inject drugs and bail out

Mirage vs Gibraltar - can get the jump on Gibraltar by baiting him with the decoy

Message 13 of 20 (1,171 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

u are kidding am i right? 😂😂  who is op again? even if u are blinde u cant miss the shots on that guy even if the server lags u cant miss him... if u run out on bullets and do not kill him means there is something wrong with ur aim.. i am happy does guys did get a buff i aint playing them but still they dont go that easy down anymore (easy 10% dmg reduction u need to hit him 1 or 2 more times) its funny when i hit him with my 301 for 9dmg per shot on longrange but they are a tank class so its fine they are fine now...

Message 14 of 20 (1,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@AEWierdo387 wrote:

this is too much, Gibraltar is way too strong now. he has the shield + the damage reduction its like 300+ HP with best armor. u can never take him out in a 1v1 because u run empty on bullets

100 Hp, 100 shield with purple or Gold,  50 on the gun shield =250 x 1.1 for 10% damage reduction and he's sporting a 275 Quick Maffs. Now that's provided you don't adjust your aim and shoot his feet when his shield is out.

He's huge, they needed to do something to make him more viable, otherwise because of hit boxes, it was Wraith, Lifeline, Bang, Mirage and Octane. Game was stale.

Now it's stale for a different reason, but at least the characters are getting balanced.

Message 15 of 20 (1,131 Views)

★★★ Guide
I have to agree with the others, seems you got the bad end of the stick. Gibraltar still has a big body that is easy to hit. He kind of feels more in line with the others with this buff to him.

Before the buff hardly anyone played him, so you didn't have to face him. Now when you do, you don't know how to handle a gibraltar. Just learn that and you'll be fine. Wink
Message 16 of 20 (1,118 Views)

★★ Guide

Seems you never played a role play game heh? or never saw a real fat or big muscular guy fight? that they can endure longer from receiving bullet's? Finally they buff this characters that make sense and now you complaining to OP. What's wrong with you people?

Message 17 of 20 (1,103 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, no.

Message 18 of 20 (1,095 Views)

Community Manager

@Balzano wrote:

Before the buff hardly anyone played him, so you didn't have to face him. Now when you do, you don't know how to handle a gibraltar. Just learn that and you'll be fine. Wink

This is similar to Pathfinder. When the game first launched it seemed like he was a huge fan favorite, but others slowly started to gravitate towards other Legends. As soon as some videos emerged of users taking Pathfinder's grapple to the next level there was a new surge of Pathfinder mains again.

Since Caustic and Gibraltar were hardly part of squad makeups, you're going to see new innovative strategies the community will come up with on how to best use them in Kings Canyon. It's completely normal to assume a Legend is "OP" when you don't know how to counter them since you had very limited opportunities to do so from the beginning. Wink

Blueberry.png
Message 19 of 20 (1,081 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Used him a bit yesterday and he is a beast now.  If you are a hot dropper this is the character for you.  Just crouch aim and shoot, his shield is very powerful and takes alot to destroy it. No problem getting wins with him now.

Message 20 of 20 (1,067 Views)